Thomasville Gas Prices

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Re: Thomasville Gas Prices

Post by Redbelly »

I saw an add for some used 2 yr old big trucks for cheap last nite on TV. CHEAP

Suber you are just not being real about us Ga rednecks packing all our "stuff" with us on a train for a fishing trip to Fla!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

When What a Mess went he would overload the cars with one of his tackle boxes alone!! :lol: :lol: :smt006
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

jsuber wrote:If everyone slowsw down to conserve their fuel, what will the local yocals do that depend on speeders to subsidize their budgets. A lot of small towns that extend their boundaries to state roads and interstates are going to be hurting pretty bad.

If fuel cost continue to rise, the auto industry will develop new technologies and then everyone will be wanting to buy the new 60 mpg cars and unable to sell their 16 mpg trucks.

Maybe there will be renewed interest in Public transportation with Elevated trains down the medians of the highways and interstates. It would be nice to see one from Albany to Tallahassee, spoke out to different directions and extend to Crawfordville. Then folks could leave their boats at Marinas and take the train from Georgia to go fishing.
Sube, Do you smoke reefer?? :oops: :smt005 :smt005
A wise person pays attention to correction that will improve his life...... Proverbs 15:31 ICB <")))))>*<

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Redbelly wrote:Suber you are just not being real about us Ga rednecks packing all our "stuff" with us on a train for a fishing trip to Fla!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Suber is just trying to act like he ain't from GA.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

When I lived in Korea we would pack our surf rods on those trains and head to the water. We just wanted to fish.
dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

Post by dolphinatic »

Last year, I was in Menas, Uruguay helping to build a small block church building in a very poor village. We were fortunate enough (meaning we paid way too much $$$ for it) to find a van to haul our stuff to the jobsite and back....including the bricks, mortar, etc. The few locals there that helped us had to haul their tools and equipment by public bus and then walk. None of them had vehicles. That's how they do it down there. Just make as many trips as necessary and carry as much as you can each trip from site to site.
If they can do it to work, I'll do it to fish :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21

Team BevisRealty.com
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

I think a lot of us are going to be making a lot of adjustments here in the next few years. Europeans are paying over $9.00 a gallon but a lot of there prices are in taxes, and a lot of that pays for public transportation. I would guess many folks will sell their boats, and would have no problem riding the train down and hopping on a guide boat for a turnkey day.
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

jsuber wrote:I think a lot of us are going to be making a lot of adjustments here in the next few years. Europeans are paying over $9.00 a gallon but a lot of there prices are in taxes, and a lot of that pays for public transportation. I would guess many folks will sell their boats, and would have no problem riding the train down and hopping on a guide boat for a turnkey day.

I agree very much. Many changes are on the horizon for all of us. I will still fish, if it is just for redbellies in the local river out of my canoe. Lord knows I have done that plenty of times.

Who will be in line to buy all those boats?
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Who will be in line to buy all those boats?
It's a PLOT!! formulated by a bunch of Kayakers..... notice who started the thread.....they keep the spin going and when all the boat owners are in a frenzy.....here come the low ball offers :-D
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
grim reeler

Post by grim reeler »

jsuber wrote:If fuel cost continue to rise, the auto industry will develop new technologies and then everyone will be wanting to buy the new 60 mpg cars and unable to sell their 16 mpg trucks.
I read that the toyota prius hybrids are down to an average of only 3 days on the lot before they sell now.
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

One of the problems for our community (boat owners) is that technology has not produced a good fuel efficent tow vehicle (imo). Some sources say 4-5 years away. Yeah, they have some SUV/truck hybrids but they still don't have any towing capacity or really get that good of mileage. I'm speaking in terms of something that would tow say 3k but still be able to achieve 25-27 towing and 30-32 highway with no tow.
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".