New tactics for fishing in a YOOHOO

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

New tactics for fishing in a YOOHOO

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

Been crazy busy lately so decided to take my sister up on an invite and ease on down to Mexico Beach where they were staying. Got down Saturday night and got BB, Sr. ready to hit the water early the next am. Out the door at 5:30 with my BIL and one of his buddies, neither of whom had ever fished a day in the shallows. Both grew up bass fishing so I figured I d be safe. Get everything for the trip loaded in to the truck and my BIL's buddy says wait a minute. I look at him puzzled. He said he'd been calling nature all morning and she finally picked up!!:smt009 . Never seen a big boy move quite that fast! Thirty minutes and Im sure what was a helk of a Woods-N-Water article later, were on our way. I contemplate on hitting PSJ since we are running late but memories of a recent tourney there and having to haul my azz back to Grady county with my behind in a sack after it, Some how the old Duramax never slowed down. Backed into the water at SGI around 7:00 am. Everything loaded , spin BB around, and hammer down. Water looks like a suicide slushy consisting of hot milk late and a three week old yoohoo that got left in the tool box for a week. Gotta love St. George Sound. I love the Maverick but theres nothing like that Opti scream first thing in the morning. Wind running thru my hair(no comments, damnit :smt011 ), smell of the early morning salt life, and all those horses hammering my tune. Got so in tune to it, I ran past the first three spots convincing myself that these boys came to catch a fish, not be schooled on the art of search and maybe catch a pig. Twelve miles later, I had my speed fix and all my frustrations from the week before were back in the wind around Appalach. Set into the first bar and first cast, My BIL's buddy hangs a fat 19" trout. In the livewell. Today may work out after all. Im trying to think of what to fish with this water clarity or lack of. Both of my new partners have on the old standby(GULP) and Im throwing an M52. About the third cast my orange and gold beauty gets smashed. I'm thinking with the viciousness of the strike , Im getting me a poon scale. Several runs in to it, I remember Poons jump. No poon for BB :smt009 , The fattest, slimiest, nastiest, stank, ol crusty, raunchy,ol stank nasty SNOTCAT youve ever seen. Head looked like a dayum shovel. Of course, 4 of the 6 hooks are buried in slime and my orange and gold beauty is now about a pound and this opaque yet irridescent snot cat silver color. Ten minutes later, Im back in action with a new plug. Twitch, twitch, sweep, pause. Booyah!! 18.5 inch mini pig. Into the livewell. My BIL's starting to feel the heat by this time. Im smelling skunksville for the poor ol boy. A few trout later between myself and my BIL's buddy and Cliff(BIL) finally hooks up. His first ever trout and if the captain had enough sense to put the dang camera on the boat, I could have shared it with you guys. Must of had my mind on a woman :smt006 ! We tread on for about another hour and decide its time to move on to where the water turns green. Start picking up flounder like nobodys business. Not exactly what we came for, but who the helk turns down flounder?? I hang a pig on an EXUDE. 22" flounder. Into the livewell. You know , there's something I ve always wondered about putting flounder in the livewell. When you cover the bottom with them, where do they go???? They dont swim around very well, so I have no idea. Anyways, we fished on a bit and decided to go check out the new tourney spot since we were only about ten miles from it, the wind had stopped blowing, and it was now so hot, if you asked Satan to come pick up a sacrificial virgin, he'd issue a rain check. About three miles west of the river, I hear the long beep followed by three intermittent beeps that says BB is a dumbazz. Funny thing about carrying two gallons of oil on the boat at all times, doesnt do a DAYUM bit of good if you dont put it in the tank. Slam the brakes on BB, kill the motor. Look at the plastic oil tank and the sides are sucked in so hard it looked like Dolly Parton naked wearing a weight lifting belt. :smt009 :smt009 :smt009 (Forgive me) DUMBAZZ, I think to myself as I loosen the cap on the tank to try and fill her back up. I reluctantly pull the cowling off the 225 and thankfully the reserve tank is still about 3/4 full. Of course, being as smart as the folks at Mercury are and as dumb as I am, the motor goes into limp mode and will not run over 3000rpms. Its a long ride from Carrabelle to SGI only going twenty something mph. Couldnt help it, knew the motor was struggling but had to stop by ol faithful and try to put the boys on some boss reds. Not much current but did hang a 10+lb jack crevalle.

Dang good fight, but let it go to fight another day. Eased over to the crosses and fished around and started slinging topwater. Even in shallow the water clarity was somewhere between a sewer tank and a cup of cocoa. Got a few blowups but nothing to show for the money. Got to thinking about some cold :beer: :beer: :beer: at the blue parrot and eased on to the ramp. On the trailer by about 3:30 or 4:00 in the Blue Parrot by 4:15. Absolutely demolished a dozen raw and some refreshments. Decided to go ahead and have supper as I had a long trip back and the Snappa plate looked promising, no disappointment there. All in all , great to be on the water with family and friends and I look forward to seeing you guys and personally handing each one of you an azz whooping in the tourney!!! :-D :smt006 :smt006 :beer: Sorry for lots of werdz BD, I ve been holding in my emotions for a while!!! :wink:
Last edited by BAD BEHAVIOR on August 5th, 2008, 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A wise person pays attention to correction that will improve his life...... Proverbs 15:31 ICB <")))))>*<

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
whitebc
Site Sponsor

Re: New tactics for fishing in a YOOHOO

Post by whitebc »

:thumbup:
A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the telephone.
captkeyser
Site Sponsor

Post by captkeyser »

I gotta give it to you BB. So you may not have had the best day on the water, but you can write one heck of a report. :beer: :thumbup:
caseycook

Post by caseycook »

You da man BB! My favorite phrase was "it looked like Dolly Parton naked wearing a weight lifting belt..." :D :thumbup: :thumbup:
Boom goes the dynamite.
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

nice report BB. :thumbup:
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
CROCKER

Post by CROCKER »

BB, WE HAVE A YAMIE 250 WHEN IT WAS NEW REALY SUCKED DOWN THE OIL. ON OUR FIRST TRIP IT RAN OUT OF OIL AND GOT INTO THE RESERVE AND THE BELLS AND WHISTLES START SCREAMING AND THE MOTOR KICKS DOWN INTO LOW RPMS SO THAT US DAs WANT MESS UP A GOOD MOTOR. BUT I BELIEVE YOU CAN FILL IT UP AND GO THROUGH SOME RESET PROCEDURE AND EVERYTHING IS AS IT WAS.
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

Great trip, good to see your post. :thumbup:
Team Jolly Mon
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Post by Barhopr »

Nice BB, I wondered what happened to you this weekend, I figured the hottie you went to see at the beach had you shore bound :smt004
VIVA la BT

Image_______________Image
Bow'd Up

Post by Bow'd Up »

Nice read BB, you'll get published one day :smt005 :smt005 By the way, wind blowing through your hair??????? Now thats funny, I don't care who you are :smt005 :smt005
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

BAD BEHAVIOR wrote:Sorry for lots of werdz BD, I ve been holding in my emotions for a while!!! :wink:
Dude, you gotta start letting the camera tell the story. :wink:

Good trip Jay. :thumbup: :thumbup:
GULP! free since 1970.
Eerman
Site Sponsor

Post by Eerman »

:smt056 Nice read
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner."
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

:smt056 If you'll put a little turtle wax where your hair used to be, you'll get another 3 mpg.
Thanks for the report BB.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
Welby
Site Sponsor

Post by Welby »

Reel Cowboy wrote::smt056 If you'll put a little turtle wax where your hair used to be, you'll get another 3 mpg.
Thanks for the report BB.
Oh, no he di'nt !!!
Tidedancer
Site Sponsor

Post by Tidedancer »

Great report BB
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

Nice Report. THats a big flounder for this area.