Boat show report

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Ken K
Site Sponsor

Boat show report

Post by Ken K »

Not much to tell.
The highlight of the show for me was a garishly painted Venture 23 tower boat.

I looked at several of the new Blue Wave models, they seemed greatly improved over the last ones I had seen.

Sundance may be starting a new line of V hull bay boats. Someone had a sweet looking 17. It was very plain and simple but had pretty lines. It didn't have a full liner but the gunnels and bow were capped off. I would be interested to see a 19-21' version.

Other than that just row after row of Contender, Pursuit, Edgewater, Grady White, Boston Whaler, Bertram..........

Chalk, the homebuilt club didn't have much of a presence this year. A couple of those tiny racing boats was all I saw. Someone had a good display of cedar strip Adirondack Guide Boats. I thought $12,500 was a little pricey for what is basically a 16' canoe but if he can get it, more power to him.
Ken
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

So what did you buy?
Sea Fox
Site Sponsor

Post by Sea Fox »

I also went and found a mackdaddy boat I really liked. It was a 32 WA proline with a gen. with air, twin suzuki 250 4-strokes, full kitchen, and well, just loaded. Only $134K and they would even take my little 25 CC in on trade. Oh did I mention there was a national cheerleading competition in the congress center this weekend, and lets just say there was alot of pretty women looking at boats today. :o :beer:
Sea Ya !