GPS/Sounder Combo issue

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Reel Country
Site Sponsor

GPS/Sounder Combo issue

Post by Reel Country »

In checking over the boat last night, I hooked up the GPS/Sounder. (The sounder wasn't functioning when I last went out and I thought kids pretend fishing had messed it up.) Well I checked the settings for the system. It had been set to GPS Only. Who did this I'm thinking. I changed it back to Normal. Low and behold, when I change screens back to depth machine mode, the black line comes on. Wonderful, it's not broken. No money spent.
Then I turn the machine so I can put in a few #s. BAM. Sonar disabled. No connection. WTF. So I go back and change system settings again. This time I set it to Sonar Only. Go back to sonar screen. It's working again. I wiggle the unit. Still working. hmmmmmmmm. Switch back to Normal, and try again. Does it again. Perplexed, I give it the old college try again. Change back to Normal and get the numbers in and don't move machine an inch. Let it work for about 15 minutes.

Any thoughts.
DWilliams

Post by DWilliams »

Let me know how it works out. I was looking to buy a garmin gps sounder.
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

RC, what brand is it?

Most of the electronics companies will fix them for a nominal fee, or, at times, fix them for free.
What was I supposed to do today?
Reel Country
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Country »

TC,

It's a Garmin. After tinkering on Friday night w/ the cable, transducer and antenna, it worked fine all day on Saturday. I still sent Garmin an email, but haven't heard back yet.