St. Marks 10-15-08

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

St. Marks 10-15-08

Post by dolphinatic »

Met my buddy Raymond this morning before heading down to St. Marks for work. We wanted to try some inshore grouper action for a change. We got down to the Lighthouse around 6:30am and were greeted with a decent breeze. We loaded up and headed out towards the jetty to pick up some live bait. We made 7 casts with the cast net and had more than enough pinfish to do some damage. We ran out to the birdrack where the wind was picking up a bit and the seas were about 3 ft. We knew we were going to get a little wet, so we put the hammer down. Made it to a spot and did some trolling in 17 ft. Right off we hooked into a nice king. Put the stretch back out and another king jumped on! Were trolled over the spot one more time and a nice 30" gag took the stretch :thumbup: Conditions were not the best to try to anchor up, so we drifted. We managed a few keeper gags off the pinfish, just bouncing them off the bottom. We decided to run back in and try a little inshore action before having to head off to work. We stopped off just south of Black Rock (which was completely exposed due to the low tide :o ) and set up a drift. I started throwing topwater and on the 2nd cast, I had an explosion that claimed my "chrome bone." I went to the red/white Spook and the trout loved that one too. Even caught a nice Gaff Cat on it to my surprise. In the middle of our drift, this old guy comes right towards us in a little aluminum boat. We were the only ones out there and he rolled right up on us. I had to yell at him thinking he might run into us....that's how close he came to us :o He must have been blind. Anyhow, after he putted off, the bite slowed and we took it to the hill. Beautiful day on the water and it was just getting good when we had to leave. Oh well, got work to do.
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21

Team BevisRealty.com
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Re: St. Marks 10-15-08

Post by DixieReb »

That sounds good, I bet those 2 kings were a blast. I'm ready to get back down there, you just got my fever up about 10 degrees!
Yours in the South
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Sounds like a good morning to me. :thumbup:
What was I supposed to do today?
caseycook

Post by caseycook »

Nice! Gotta love weekday fishing trips.
Boom goes the dynamite.
whitebc
Site Sponsor

Post by whitebc »

:thumbup: :thumbup: NICE!!
A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the telephone.
dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

Post by dolphinatic »

caseycook wrote:Nice! Gotta love weekday fishing trips.
Yeah, they're nice from time to time Casey. I just don't like mixing work with them, but I guess you have to take the bad with the good sometime.

It will all be good in about 30 minutes though when I take them filets off the grill :smt005 :beer: :beer:
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21

Team BevisRealty.com
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

Nice job!
Team Jolly Mon
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

Sweet day ,d. :beer: :beer:
GULP! free since 1970.
Redfish Jim
Site Sponsor

Post by Redfish Jim »

Very nice :thumbup:

I hope to go out Friday afternoon. You got my hopes up.
Ron Wilson
Site Sponsor

Post by Ron Wilson »

Doggone Dolphin. You put it on 'em. Seems like you really make the best of your trips. Way to go and thanks for posting. :thumbup:
"Plan for the worst."