Phil Fulmer will not return in 09

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Tennessee

Phil Fulmer will not return in 09

Post by Tennessee »

Phil Fulmer out at Tennessee, he will not return for 09 season. Hate to see him not go out on top. He should have took his wife's advice and retired several years ago. Does anyone know how we can get in touch with Steve Spurier? :D
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Re: Phil Fulmer will not return in 09

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Tennessee wrote: Does anyone know how we can get in touch with Steve Spurier? :D
I hear Tommy Bowdin is looking for a job. Or Saban should be getting ready to Alabama. What about Petrino (Ark) he's been there almost a year, time to get outta dodge (or Little Rock)
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
Tennessee

Post by Tennessee »

Looks like some early front runners a Liffin, for Raider coach. Leach from Texas Tech and Munchamp from Texas. Out of those three I would think Coach Leach would lead the pack.
CrispyFishin

Post by CrispyFishin »

Wow... that's big news at a HUGE program. Thanks for the news!
Work 'em silly Gators!!
dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

Post by dolphinatic »

Oh well....."Fat Phil" :lick: has been needing to go for a few years now.

3-5 or whatever will do that :roll:

It will be interesting to see who fills his spot.....maybe Wilingham :lol: I hear he's out of a job at the end of the year too :smt009
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21

Team BevisRealty.com
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Post by procraftwes »

Tennessee fans got spoiled and when they start losing just like most teams are these days they throw out the coach. I'm sorry but what message does that send for the current staff and players. I bet they will be in for a rough 4-5 years. The grass isn't always greener. They put up a hell of a fight last year up to and during the SEC championship but i guess you throw that and 17 years of bowl games and a national championship out over 1 season lol..I'm not a fan of the vols but still find it BS.
Tennessee

Post by Tennessee »

procraftwes wrote:Tennessee fans got spoiled and when they start losing just like most teams are these days they throw out the coach. I'm sorry but what message does that send for the current staff and players. I bet they will be in for a rough 4-5 years. The grass isn't always greener. They put up a hell of a fight last year up to and during the SEC championship but i guess you throw that and 17 years of bowl games and a national championship out over 1 season lol..I'm not a fan of the vols but still find it BS.
As a football coach myself, a friend of Coach Fulmer, I could not agree more. I think this decision should now put, AD Mike Hamilton in the hot seat. I say if you are correct, I think Hamilton's future should hing on the future of the guy he replaces Fulmer with. I have done some research on the possible hire's, and true some have had some exciting teams with some new success, but that is not SEC football. I think Tennesse should take a look a what USC and Alabama has done and get someone like Bill Cower or Jon Gruden. That's just me though, and they probably want go that route.
dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

Post by dolphinatic »

Even after yesterday's performance :roll:

1 touchdown for homecoming????? :sleep:

What has happened at Tennessee :smt009
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21

Team BevisRealty.com
CATCH 22

Post by CATCH 22 »

I for one don't like the Guy, but to put him out after one bad season is ludacris. SEC East is one of the most difficult conferences to compete in, and one season from winning it definitely has merit. Stange times indeed :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
You’ve reached middle age when all you exercise is caution.
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

UT will have problems for several years to come. I too wish Big Phil would have left while he was at the top.
Team Jolly Mon