Lanark 12/13/08

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

tin can
Site Sponsor

Lanark 12/13/08

Post by tin can »

Flounderpounder and I arrived at Lanark about 0720 in anticipation of a good day of fishing. This is what we found.

Those are the poles at the south end of the channel out of the Lanark ramp. We decided to wait for more water, and finally launched the boat at somewhere around 1:00 P.M. :roll: We headed east, having somewhat of an adventurous ride, to look for fish in the area of the Marine Lab. Hit a few spots and started working our way west. We put the boat back on the trailer at 5:45 P.M.

It was not a banner day for catchin. We didn't find any concentration of fish. All were singles picked up here and there, over a 6 mile stretch. I might mention it didn't take very long to cover a 6 mile stretch, thanks to the nice easterly breeze we had assisting us all day. By day's end we had indeed managed a few fish. I landed 3 reds and had a fourth on for a while. Liam had the hot trout hand. He caught 5 trout, and one puppy red.

Again, not a banner catchin day, but very good company. Looking forward to our next adventure.
What was I supposed to do today?
carramar
Site Sponsor

Re: Lanark 12/13/08

Post by carramar »

Not a bad day at all! I don't think I've caught that many fish on my last 3 trips combined. Congrats! :smt038
flounderpounder
Site Sponsor

Post by flounderpounder »

I had a great time fishing with you John, the conditions were well below ideal but we were definately determined to bend a rod yesterday! I will have to say I was very impressed the way your boat handled the skinny water. It was the first time I have ever rode 30 +MPH over exposed eel grass in 6" of water for 100 yards or more, pretty cool stuff!!
A couple pics of the day. :beer:
Redfish Jim
Site Sponsor

Post by Redfish Jim »

Your determination paid off :thumbup:

That first pic is pretty amazing. I've never seen it like that at Lanark.
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

Wow, you guys made the best of it! What did you do from 7:20a to 1pm to kill time? I bet that was a long wait!
Team Jolly Mon
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

It was like that at Alligator Harbor too. Note to slf "When the moon is closest to Earth than any other day of the year, and the sun sets at the same time the moon rises" the tides will be low.
Littoral

Post by Littoral »

jsuber wrote:Note to slf "When the moon is closest to Earth than any other day of the year, and the sun sets at the same time the moon rises" the tides will be low.
Yeah, crazy those things that come around go around.
Last edited by Littoral on December 14th, 2008, 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Actually listening to what other people say is worth the effort.
Littoral

Post by Littoral »

Great trip fellas, in near impossible conditions.
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Good trip :thumbup: :thumbup:
dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

Post by dolphinatic »

tin can wrote:

Those are the poles at the south end of the channel out of the Lanark ramp
:o :o :o :smt009

I've never seen it that low out of there either. Scary to think that I have run 27 ft. boats out of there....just not this time of year. I bet the bar to the left of the channel looked scary too :o Looks like it would be hard to launch a kayak with it that low. At least you guys made it out and caught a few fish :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: I'm sure Mike is fussin' down there about now with early morning lows like that :smt010 Not good for business :thumbdown:
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21

Team BevisRealty.com
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

Even the fish were looking for water. Jason scooped this one up with his bare hands.

culrich
Site Sponsor

Post by culrich »

It was nice meeting you guys, even though we did sit at the ramp until 1pm. We ran through that same stuff scared the you know what out of us. We ended up releasing 13 reds all in the 18-24 inch range. :thumbup:
NO FLUKE!!!

LANARK MARKET!!!!
Reel Slow
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Slow »

Very skinacious ...way too risky to be out there! :wink:

Great stuff gents :thumbup:
Atticus
Site Sponsor

Post by Atticus »

Sometimes Tin Can will report and write that he thinks the tide was higher/lower than the chart predicted. I definately felt that way on 12/13/08.

The chart's time/water height relationship did not correspond with the low water I saw out there yesterday.
Littoral

Post by Littoral »

What about Yukon?