Lake Seminole weekend trip

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

BuggMann222

Lake Seminole weekend trip

Post by BuggMann222 »

Went to Seminole on a family get away this weekend for a little fishing, family time and good eating.
Didn't spend a lot of time on the water but the bass were hitting pretty good. Went out with my BIL. Lots of 12" plus small ones plus some larger. Biggest was a 5 pounder. Black wacky worm with a little yellow on it worked well for drifting. Trolling with a bass colored, lipped plug worked well trolling, when we could get out of the weeds. Fished shallow. Could see bottom in 3' but not in 4'. Tried out the buggy whip a few times from the bank with no results. Didn't see much surface feeding.

Lots of ducks around. The shotguns were sounding off pretty well at all times of the day. Even heard a few after sunset.

It was all catch and release so they're stll there if you want some. Had a good time and nothing broke.
"If you believe you have a foolproof system, you've failed to take into consideration the creativity of fools." - Frank Abagnale
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Re: Lake Seminole weekend trip

Post by MudDucker »

Unfortunately, most of the ducks are canvas backs and the season is closed on them.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Sounds like the family had a good weekend. Glad ya caught a few.
What was I supposed to do today?
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

Thanks for the report, that is such a beautiful lake.
Team Jolly Mon
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Nice trip :thumbup: how was the water level?
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Post by Barhopr »

glad you enjoyed the trip. PM me next time and I'll buy the first round the next time your over here.
VIVA la BT

Image_______________Image
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

We be headed that a way, come April 23 thru 27 :-D just in case y'all wanna hide the women folk this time :smt004 :smt005 :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
BuggMann222

Post by BuggMann222 »

wevans wrote:Nice trip :thumbup: how was the water level?
My 1st time there but it looked like it was normal. Anyhow I didn't see docks sitting in mud instead of water and the shoreline looked right.
"If you believe you have a foolproof system, you've failed to take into consideration the creativity of fools." - Frank Abagnale
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

I talked to a friend who said the bass were on fire this past weekend. His buddy weighed 5 bass in at 19.5lbs. That's good fishing..I don't care who you are! :-D
Team Jolly Mon