Fly Fishing Supplies In Panama City

The place to discuss the finer points of fly fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Flanders
Site Sponsor

Fly Fishing Supplies In Panama City

Post by Flanders »

Does anyone know a good place in Panama City to buy fly tying materials and supplies?
I come from a small drinking community with a fishing problem
Chalk

Re: Fly Fishing Supplies In Panama City

Post by Chalk »

Nope....there are some at Half Hitch.....but not a good place....best bet is Orvis and Bass Pro in Destin
Flanders
Site Sponsor

Post by Flanders »

Thanks. Guess ill just swing by Sportsman Warehouse in Tally on my way back home Monday.
KyTrkyHntr
Site Sponsor

Post by KyTrkyHntr »

Flanders wrote:Does anyone know a good place in Panama City to buy fly tying materials and supplies?

Chalk's house.......... :-D
Catch & Release Fish!!!!....... Not Criminals!

Image Image
Flanders
Site Sponsor

Post by Flanders »

Due to the rainy weather all weekend we ended up over in Destin Sunday morning. Went into the BassPro. They had a good little selection of materials. However I think the Sportsman Warehouse in Tally has a good deal more. I didnt think Chalk would appreciate me rambling through his stuff. However it was tempting!! :smt023
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

:o :lol: ....I wish...all I got is some dead chicken feathers and deer hair :-D
KyTrkyHntr wrote:
Flanders wrote:Does anyone know a good place in Panama City to buy fly tying materials and supplies?

Chalk's house.......... :-D

FL - All fly fishing stores suck...When I'm on the road to make up for idle time I seek out fly shops...so far I have visited stores in Hawaii, Arkansas, Texas, Florida, Virginia, South Carolina, Pennsylvania, New Jersey...think that's it and they all suck. If they don't have what you want...buy something you like and overtime you will have a nice collection of stuff.

I thought the Sportsmen Warehouse fly tying selection was kinda sucky for saltwater stuff...good stuff for freshwater though
Flanders
Site Sponsor

Post by Flanders »

I'll have to check out these locations you meantioned "Hawaii, Arkansas, Texas, Florida, Virginia, South Carolina, Pennsylvania, New Jersey". Just as soon as my check comes in from Obama.. Im there man!!!!!
noleflyfisher
Site Sponsor

Post by noleflyfisher »

Chalk wrote: I thought the Sportsmen Warehouse fly tying selection was kinda sucky for saltwater stuff...good stuff for freshwater though
Sportsman Warehouse hasn't figured out that it needs to cater to saltwater tyers in this market. Its buyer is obviously working off a freshwater inventory sheet.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Ditto for the overall tackle as well. I've never seen so many rubber worms in my life.

SW management said they would be adjusting inventory to fit the local market. Hasn't happened yet, but hopefully soon.
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

silverking wrote:Ditto for the overall tackle as well. I've never seen so many rubber worms in my life.

SW management said they would be adjusting inventory to fit the local market. Hasn't happened yet, but hopefully soon.
We've asked about the local market adjustment. We're told everything is handled by corporate. :roll:
What was I supposed to do today?
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

tin can wrote:
silverking wrote:Ditto for the overall tackle as well. I've never seen so many rubber worms in my life.

We've asked about the local market adjustment. We're told everything is handled by corporate. :roll:
That's what they told me Sunday.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
Flanders
Site Sponsor

Post by Flanders »

Thats what im going to start saying at work. "thats handled by corporate"! salute2
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Reel Cowboy wrote:
tin can wrote:

That's what they told me Sunday.
I rehashed this concept with them Friday when they advised they didn't have any Lake Talquin charts but that the Wallmart next door did. I was amazed when Walmart actually did have a local chart that SW didn't. Lots of potential and product space, hopefully they'll start utilizing it a little more effectively. :roll:
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.