25 years gone.........

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Sea Gurl

25 years gone.........

Post by Sea Gurl »

along with ………

4 weeks paid vacation

8 days paid sick time

6 paid holidays

paid health insurance

paid $25,000 life insurance

group dental insurance plan

and half a life time of experience………. :smt005

And I’m not the only one – just the longest – 14 full time positions were cut; 5 dismissed entirely, 9 reduced to 25 hrs/wk and all benefits taken away (I’m in this category). No warning – no notice – no severance – no retirement :smt009

On the bright side I know a whole group of fisherfolks who may throw an extra fish or two my way! Or quail, or duck etc etc……… :lick:

Jackie
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Re: 25 years gone.........

Post by Tom Keels »

Sorry to hear that Jackie.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

That truly sucks Jackie.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

DAYUM girl :smt011 that really bites the big one :smt012 let us know if ya start lookin for something else :thumbup: ya never know what may be out there for ya :beer: :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

Tough news for sure Jackie!
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

I'm really sorry to hear that news Jackie. Please keep us informed as to your status. :thumbdown: :smt059
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
GAJOEY
Site Sponsor

Post by GAJOEY »

I hope every thing is well....things will work out..they always do ...
Watch out for the one who brings a spoon to a knife fight..he is either really stupid or really good with a spoon. <')))><
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

I am so sorry to hear that Jackie. You will be in our prayers, it's certainly a tough world right now. :(
Team Jolly Mon
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

I hate to hear that, but what kinda job you looking for now, and maybe someone on here is looking for someone.
Charles
Site Sponsor

Post by Charles »

That truly sucks. Sorry to hear it.

May I suggest "Who Moved My Cheese?" if you haven't already read it? I found it excellent. :thumbup: :thumbup:
http://www.whomovedmycheese.com/
GatorBaiter

Post by GatorBaiter »

Jackie, sorry to hear that. It is always rough to overcome such an obstacle but I have always found that good will come from such challenges placed in our lives. Please do share your experience and expertise. My company is hiring select positions and I may be able to direct you to appropriate contact. If you wish to keep it private you can always PM me. Best luck either way!

PS...we all chase the ever moving cheese and that is an excellent book. Highly recommend.
"People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
Boy...we sure have come a long way since then!
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Sorry Jackie.
It is just another sign that times are tough and getting tougher.
I will do what I can for you.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Sea Gurl

Post by Sea Gurl »

Another thing I've lost is use of the internet after 1 pm (no computer at home!) :(

Charles - you brought a smile just reading the title of Who Moved My Cheese!! How appropriate :lol: if you think about it for a sec. I haven't read it but surely will.

Yes I'm out in the job hunting market these days. I'm somewhat over the shock, with emphasis on somewhat, and feel this could turn out to be a good thing. I'm even considering going to school to retrain in another field such as medical transcribing etc. I'm actually a bit looking forward to challenging my brain again because I can do this job thoughtlessly having done it for so long.

GatorBaiter - I'll :email: you a resume - thanks for even asking

Jumptrout - I now have in print that you'll help anyway you can so you can either take me to all your fishing spots, so I can better feed myself, or give me your numbers :thumbup:

And before anyone says your numbers don't produce fish - I can stand to lose some weight - so I want them anyway :P

Thanks for the replies

Jackie
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Jackie, unless you just don't want it out there :-D you can send me your resume and I can convert it "so that it can't be modified" and post it up for folks to look over :thumbup: :beer:

PS: Yeh, I know ya wont see this till tomorrow :smt012 but then, yer always late anyhow :-D :smt004 :beer: :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Sea Gurl

Post by Sea Gurl »

Thanks Waldon I may take you up on that just not right now.

Charles & Matt - by chance yesterday I stopped by the Goodwill bookstore on Thomasville Rd and lo and behold there it was - a brand new issue of "Who moved my Cheese"!! Who would of thunk it :roll: $4.70 Will be reading it soon......

Sea ya'll

Jackie