Deal?

The place to discuss the finer points of fly fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

FinsNGrins

Deal?

Post by FinsNGrins »

I have friend who is selling their TFO TICR 12wt. double hand grip for around $120. Anyone know any problems with this rod?
Chalk

Re: Deal?

Post by Chalk »

Price sounds good....as long as it's not a bluewater rod it would be a good tarpon rod.....bluewater rods don't cast to well.
FinsNGrins

Post by FinsNGrins »

Thanks Chalk, I can always count on you being up at my hours of the day.
Well It looks like I have the fly itch. I was supposed to be studying for a exam on things I dont know anything about, but instead I've been at the computer all night/morning reading reviews on various fly reels and rods. I ended up choosing an Orvis Battenkill Mid Arbor V (9-11 wt.) Anyone hear about his one?
PANAMA-LING

Post by PANAMA-LING »

That Midarbor Battenkill is a tough reel, not sure about on a 12 Wt. I have the mid arbor V on a 7 wt. and it works great. You might really want to upsize to a 4.5" Diameter reel with a good drag for that TICR 12 wt. That is a good buy on that rod, I have a few in 12 wt. and love them. I broke one last year and got it replaced in 5 Days.
FinsNGrins

Post by FinsNGrins »

I just bought the Battenkill V and matched it with a 9ft 9wt. Temple fork, mainly using it for dock fishing and mangrove situations. I hope it works well.
DoubleHaul

Post by DoubleHaul »

I have the TFO TiCr 12wt with an Orvis Mach VI. I've landed a few tarpon and cobia with it. No complaints. Casts like a cannon!