Talquin 3/14

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Eerman
Site Sponsor

Talquin 3/14

Post by Eerman »

Decided to try the green trout for a change of pace. Got there way to early and fished in the dark for about 1.5 hours. No love. Daylight brought lots of boats with it. Brought lots of wind too. Tried to hide from the wind the best I could. Ended up with 7 bass with the largest about 3-3.5lbs. The rest were cookie cutters in the 1.5-2lb range. Swung and missed on 4 more (been doing that a lot lately :-? ). Flipped to some grass at one point and got tatooed. I thought I had a stud of a largemouth. Ended up being an 8lb channel cat :D . So 8 fish on the day. All were caught on a purple 6" Senko in real shallow.
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner."
leesburgga

Re: Talquin 3/14

Post by leesburgga »

glad you had a chance to get out...any word on the crappie at talquin?
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

I'm thinking this freshwater fishing agrees with ya. Not a bad day at all. Nice going E-man.
GULP! free since 1970.
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

That's a good day on Talquin. :thumbup:
What was I supposed to do today?