Pledge on your boat?

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hit-n-Miss

Pledge on your boat?

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

:o Anyone ever heard of using it on fiberglass and stainless to keep the salt off and make cleaning easy. A fellow here in town swears by it. Saying a guy in the marine business told him about it. His boat is several years old and looks brand new. He says you wash it let it dry then spray with pledge and wipe of excess. Dont put on the deck because the floor of his boat is slicker than greased cat poo. :-D
FishWithChris

Re: Pledge on your boat?

Post by FishWithChris »

I don't use pledge, but have used Pam cooking spray on my car for driving during love-bug season on long trips, works like a charm. I follow the same steps above, basically.

Wash / Dry / Apply / Wipe, and go! After each leg of the trip I'll wash her down though and get any excess "butta" off.
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
Nathan
Site Sponsor

Post by Nathan »

Wax the boat, keep the pledge for your fishing rods.

Nathan
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Nathan wrote:Wax your fishing rods.
Fixed it for ya. :thumbup:
The wax keeps the grit and grime from getting worked into the grips and guide wraps.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Nathan you still building rods...still remember that sweet rod and gaff you did for the social a few years back :thumbup: :thumbup:

Don 't think I would wax my grips...I have used pledge though on my rods...not the boat though
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

So what do you put pledge on the rods for?