FYI

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

FYI

Post by dolphinatic »

Went down to Wakulla yesterday to pay my citations for not having my 5 1/2 year old in a life vest while cruising the lighthouse pool wake zone at 1.2 mph :roll: . I was told that ALL fees are increasing May 1st for the sole purpose of balancing the state budget. Better check, recheck, then check again to make sure you have ALL proper equipment and are abiding by EVERY rule on the water. I heard they are changing the law from 6 years old and under up to 13 and under for the life vest rule. This applies to the boat moving in any way, even drifting. Couldn't get a definate answer, but to be safe, he's going to be in one when he gets out of the truck! Good luck...I have a feeling that them little yellow papers are going to be printed as fast as the treasury is printing dollar bills right now :(
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21

Team BevisRealty.com
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Re: FYI

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Sounds like a fund rasier to me.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
Sea Sea Rider

Post by Sea Sea Rider »

Abide by all the rules = no problem.
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

Sea Sea Rider wrote:Abide by all the rules = no problem.
quoted for truth.

they say ignorance of the law is no excuse, but there are some FWC that are just out to get ya, you know, power trip kinda stuff. and before you rag on me or someone pops off on a "Don't dis law enforcement you POS!" know that I used to be one.

Hopefully the yellow paper to printed dollar ratio won't be too high :-D
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image