May NFGFC Tournament Results - St Joe Bay

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

caseycook

May NFGFC Tournament Results - St Joe Bay

Post by caseycook »

We had an excellent turnout for our May tournament in St. Joe Bay today. 23 boats showed up to fish...it was windy early, but it turned into a beautiful day. There were some excellent trout caught and many limits of fish boated.

First place was won by the team of Rick Bushatz, Brad Castleberry and Stephen Warnock and these guys absolutely put a whipping on everyone. They caught five fish that weighed 13.20 lbs that won them $237 for their effort. They also won big trout (caught by Rick Bushatz) with a 5.34 lb big ol' goodun' that won them an additional $230. On top of that (dolla dolla bills y'all) Stephen Warnock hung a 2.12 flounder that won them $50 to Kevin's Sporting Goods. Great job fellas!

Second place was brought home by the team of Steve Stinson, Andrew Stinson, and Alex Temples. Their limit weighed 11.31 lbs and won them a cool $150. Alex Temples, a first time NFGFC Angler, did what oh so many of us were trying to do and caught a monstrous lizard fish that weighed .07 lbs narrowly beating the team of BB and CT who weighed in an equally large fish at .03 lbs. Two monsters that I thought would break the scales. Alex's lizard fish won him $400 courtesy of Badcock and More (special thanks to Jay Evans). Nice job Team Stinson.

Third place went to the team of Ashley Mock, Junior Dice, and Scott Allgood. Scott was the guest speaker at Thursday night's meeting on behalf of Hummingbird and Minn Kota and got to fish with two of the best on tourney day. Team Off the Chain weighed in five fish that pulled the scales down to 11.25 lbs. Their finish won them $88. Nice job guys.

The redfish pot was won by a Reel Bad mamma jamma...Tommy Thompson. Tommy caught a 6.06 lb red and took home a smooth $360. Congrats Tommy.

The Custom Detailing Second place big trout went to Warren "Smitty" Smith who had a nice 4.4 pounder.

Special thanks to all our sponsors especially Bluewater Outfitters in PSJ for hosting our registration complete with coffee and donuts for everyone.

Our next tournament will be held out of Jerry's Bait and Tackle on June 6, 2009. More details will follow soon. Once again it was great seeing everyone and I look forward to seeing all of you at our next tournament.

Here are the results:
Team Big Trout (lbs) Number of Fish Total Weight (lbs) Points
Name
Rick Bushatz Brad Castleberry Stephen Warnock 5.34 5 13.2 50
Steve Stinson Andrew Stinson (Youth) Alex Temples (Youth) 3.36 5 11.31 49
Ashley Mock Junior Dice Scott Allgood 2.61 5 11.25 48
Casey Cook Pat Irwin Skip Cook 3.16 5 11.08 47
Huey Collins Tanner Collins (NM) Tommy Thompson 2.64 5 10.74 46
Chuck Collins Jeff Trent 3.36 5 10.37 45
John Vickers Jim Chalkley 2.99 5 10.01 44
Robbie Green Hunter Green (Youth) Warren Smith 4.4 5 9.92 43
Steve Taylor Butch Taylor 3.83 5 8.95 42
Huck Finn Kathy Knauss (Lady) 2.9 5 8.73 41
Brian Showman Katie Showman (Lady) 2.07 5 8.71 40
Tom Keels Jackson Keels (Youth) Sonny Blanton 2.89 5 8.29 39
Eddie McCord Michelle McCord (Lady) 1.99 5 7.25 38
Rick Johnson Mike Thomas 1.42 5 7.15 37
Jay Evans Heath Sanders 1.63 5 6.88 36
Larry Cobb Andy Brunson John Baggett 1.37 5 6.26 35
Robbie Bearden 3.48 3 5.85 34
Jackson Hatfield Cianna Pender (Lady) 1.43 4 5.1 33
Matthew Jacobs Christy Jacobs (Lady) 1.32 2 2.62 32
John Wiley Mills Brock (NM) 0 0 0 25
Bud Bostick Kyle Mamatey (NM) 0 0 0 25
John McLauren Susie Bush 0 0 0 25
Bill Mickler Will Hudson (NM) 0 0 0 25
Boom goes the dynamite.
Reel Navy
Site Sponsor

Re: May NFGFC Tournament Results - St Joe Bay

Post by Reel Navy »

Sounded like a great day on the water. I'm still pretty much a newbie and don't know real names from posted names. How did BB and CT do? I've read great things from them all week. Just asking........
Dear Lord, please let me be the kind of person my dog thought I was .....
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Great job on the tournament CC and SnS :thumbup: :thumbup:

Congrats to Sorifish and crew on the win with a phat sack :thumbup: :thumbup:
TLB2

Post by TLB2 »

Reel Navy wrote:Sounded like a great day on the water. I'm still pretty much a newbie and don't know real names from posted names. How did BB and CT do? I've read great things from them all week. Just asking........
Jay Evans Heath Sanders 1.63 5 6.88 36
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Good report Casey. Congratulations to the winners.
Thanks to everyone that participated. It was fun.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

Reel Navy wrote:Sounded like a great day on the water. I'm still pretty much a newbie and don't know real names from posted names. How did BB and CT do? I've read great things from them all week. Just asking........
We weighed our Friday best five and it was 13lbs13.3 oz. Not a bad day. But once again the tourney bug bit us. We'll get that monkey off our back! We decided our prefishing days are over, everyone keeps telling us it is a jinx to prefish so were gonna take that advice!! Thanks for keeping up with us!! And to think Bowd up said nobody gave a shiot about Team Bad Behavior!! Great Fish by the way , CT. Weighed on certified scales in Eastpoint, two days of ice later , 7lbs 11.24 oz. Thats a pig in anyones book!!
A wise person pays attention to correction that will improve his life...... Proverbs 15:31 ICB <")))))>*<

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
Bow'd Up

Post by Bow'd Up »

Good show Casey, I had a blast :thumbup:
reelbad

Post by reelbad »

We had a great time in PSJ, I want to thank everyone for a well run tournament. Thanks to my partner huey and his son Tanner for keeping us consistant in the points. It is always a pleasure to fish with a great group of folks that like to have a good time and be good sportsmen. The cookout was a blast. A special thanks to K8show for the great pics and CC and Pat for the hard work at the weigh in. Looking forward to seeing everyone at the next tournament. salute3 salute3
Ron Wilson
Site Sponsor

Post by Ron Wilson »

As usual, nice post on Tourney results, and I know you did another great job coordinating/hosting. :thumbup: Hated to miss it, but I had to work all weekend. :smt012
"Plan for the worst."