Reel Bad Day

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

reelbad

Reel Bad Day

Post by reelbad »

Met my partner, Huey "Never 2 Late' at Jerry's for a fun day of fishing on Sat 16th., Loaded the boat with ice and gear and off we go. Stopped for a breakfast sandwich at the good morning store and gas then it's on the road to the lighthouse. Well thats when everything heads south. About three miles up the road, my fishing rods decide they don't want to ride in the boat anymore and they fall out, they fly out, they fly the ---- out. Well Huey laughs trying to make me feel better, It aint pretty seeing a sixty year old man cry so I don't, at least where you could see. We go ahead and make our way to the ramp for that fun day on the water. We make our way to our starting spot to hook up with a short red, one hook up with a nice red that spits the hook, and a good blow up on top water but no hook up. Spot # 2, a few short trout, one keeper 17 1/2' and that is all we can do. We head for the ramp load up and head for home. Huey drops me off at my truck and I tell him I enjoyed the day, and he says thats a lie. Folks, remember, don't try this at home and always tie your rods in the boat. See ya on the water next time, with new rods in hand. By the way, the reels survived, rods explode. :smt010 :smt010 :smt010
tin can
Site Sponsor

Re: Reel Bad Day

Post by tin can »

Maybe you got all that bad luck out of the way in this one trip.
What was I supposed to do today?
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Hate to hear about the rods but if you need them replaced, I know a guy.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
One Keeper

Post by One Keeper »

Bummer trip Tommy :thumbdown: . But you forgot to mention the black & blue knee you got from crashing into the center console when ya'll took that rouge wave.
RiverRunner

Post by RiverRunner »

Maybe you should change your name.....