Garmin??

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

rocket
Site Sponsor

Garmin??

Post by rocket »

Thinking about upgrading the electronics on the Duracraft to a Garmin 440s or 540s. I want to get rid of having a bottom machine and gps on the dash, plus I'd like something a little easier to see. Anybody got any real world experience with either?
Who's got the best price on electronics these days?
Stay Thirsty My Friends
Sea Dawg
Site Sponsor

Re: Garmin??

Post by Sea Dawg »

rocket wrote:Thinking about upgrading the electronics on the Duracraft to a Garmin 440s or 540s. I want to get rid of having a bottom machine and gps on the dash, plus I'd like something a little easier to see. Anybody got any real world experience with either?
no never had one but a friend got a garmin thu e-bay he had ordered a 440 and he recived a 520 for 399.00
Joshjack84

Post by Joshjack84 »

Experience with the 440, not the 440s. I can't imagine having my chart and bottom machine on that small screen. It's okay with just the chart. I have the Garmin Fishfinder 300 next to the 440 and it works well. Find a good deal on the internet and West Marine will match to there cost. I think cost on the 440 is 375.00ish.

Good luck
dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

Post by dolphinatic »

rocket wrote:Thinking about upgrading the electronics on the Duracraft to a Garmin 440s or 540s. I want to get rid of having a bottom machine and gps on the dash, plus I'd like something a little easier to see. Anybody got any real world experience with either?
New electronics will look sweet sitting on your boat under the shed :smt005 :smt009
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21

Team BevisRealty.com
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

dolphinatic wrote:
New electronics will look sweet sitting on your boat under the shed :smt005 :smt009
Took the boat out Sunday, and got to feeling bad about all those redfish and trout I've been neglecting :-D
Stay Thirsty My Friends
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

I got the 540 from getfeetwet for $460 without a transducer - found a transducer on another site for $50 ish. Have not installed the unit yet though....maybe this weekend.
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

Chalk wrote:I got the 540 from getfeetwet for $460 without a transducer - found a transducer on another site for $50 ish. Have not installed the unit yet though....maybe this weekend.
So you did get the sounder as well?? Let me know how you like it :thumbup:
Stay Thirsty My Friends
KLONG
Site Sponsor

Post by KLONG »

I have the 440s and love the gps but the sounder is not the best. I have a small cc boat and love the convience of only one unit. I know, if you loose one you loose both. But for my limitted use and shallow water fishing the combo is fine.
slayer

Post by slayer »

check out the lowrance 520c...cabelas has them on closeout for 499.00...includes the GPS receiver and the transducer....just ordered mine yesterday...or..BOE has the new HDS-5 IGPS + transom mount xducer for 599.00 with a 50 dollar mail in rebate...dont know how much longer that will last....
2006 Nautic Star 2200 bay
2015 Suzuki DF225
Garmin 93SV
Uniden Oceanus VHF
Minn Kota Riptide ST 80 I-Pilot

One half of Team Redneck !!!!!

roadtrip
Site Sponsor

Post by roadtrip »

have the 545s and i like. I added xm weather and really like that especially this time of year
LuckySOB
Site Sponsor

Post by LuckySOB »

love my 545s
No matter what, it's a good day.