Keaton Beach 6/13/09

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hit-n-Miss

Keaton Beach 6/13/09

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

My wife, son , and I took a boyscout from my son's den and his dad fishing today. Since it was to be their 1st saltwater trip I decided to take it easy on them and had them us at our house at 7:00am. When we got to the ramp at 8:30 the lot was full. Decided to go south since north had not gone well the last couple of trips(mostly because of the weather). Talked to Flint river pirate and he said they were going north. Not a lot of chatter today. guess not much catching going on. The young scouts 1st hit was a spanish that cut him off. And other than a few seabass not much happening...... Until the live bait pole got hit and the fight was on. 45 minutes later my biggest cobia to date. 38" at the fork and 21.12lbs and I must say my beautiful wife did a fine job on the net. After that we went to the 9 mile sand bar and swam for a while. The kids really enjoyed that. It got rough out there so we came in to fish some more but nothing but shorts. Wound up the day with the cobia my wifes 1 seabass and a few sunburned folks. Great day on the water with family and friends. Thanks Flint river pirate you were right I had low oil. Luckily had some in the boat. :-D

Hit-n-Miss
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Hit-n-Miss
Send email to Hit-n-Miss
Find all posts by Hit-n-Miss
Add Hit-n-Miss to Your Contacts
Hit-n-Miss

Re: Keaton Beach 6/13/09

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

:smt011 I posted a pic on the GON site in the saltwater section but cannot move it here. :smt011
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

Glad it was just low oil. :thumbup: It was nice talking to you, we need to get together again soon.
Team Jolly Mon
What a mess

Post by What a mess »

Shoulda woulda coulda caught a Cobia we didn't I am happy you guys did. Cudos to ya!

Not easy pickens yesterday I'll tell you that.
But we got out there.
Yesterday it was taboo today it is normal what the heck will they be doing tomorrow?
BuggMann222

Post by BuggMann222 »

Does this help?

"If you believe you have a foolproof system, you've failed to take into consideration the creativity of fools." - Frank Abagnale
Breambuster

Post by Breambuster »

That's a nice cobia - Congratulations! I bet its a lot of fun landing it with a trout tackle. That's what I like about saltwater, you dont know what you're gonna catch.
Ron Wilson
Site Sponsor

Post by Ron Wilson »

Nice report HnM and nice cobia. :thumbup:
"Plan for the worst."
Welby
Site Sponsor

Post by Welby »

Congrats on the Cobia !!! :thumbup: :thumbup: I'm heading to St. Joe Bay about 5 AM. I'll let you know how it goes...
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

:-D Thanks again Flint river pirate I could not raise you from the sandbar, guess it was too far from you. You wind up doing any good? Buggmann thanks for getting the pic up for me. :thumbup: Breambuster it was a heck of a fight but as you could see I can't catch trout like you can, teach me o wise one. :-D Had fresh Cobia for dinner today. :lick: Who all is going scalloping on the 4th?
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Welby where's your report? :D
RogerH

Post by RogerH »

[quote="Hit-n-Miss] Who all is going scalloping on the 4th?[/quote]

I'm going to be making my first trip down to try on the week of the 6th. Any tips and help would be great.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

RogerH wrote:[
By then it should be as easy as locating the armada of boats. I will post a report. Last year we did better north of Keaton than south.
RogerH

Post by RogerH »

Will it be that heavy during the week?