6/12-6/13 Panacea

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

clayfish

6/12-6/13 Panacea

Post by clayfish »

Headed down to Panacea last friday and Saturday. The wind was kicking and made for some tough fishing. We fished Friday from around 2pm till dark and only managed to put two Spanish in the boat. They were in the bay by the bridge hitting the bait fish pretty hard but they weren't hitting our yo-zuri lures very good.

Saturday morning we got out about 7am. The seas were nice so we headed out to number 2 to do some trolling. Within 10 minutes I landed a 30" King and we thought the day was going to be great.

Well it must have been a fluke because we didn't catch another fish for a while. Trolling wasn't producing and we couldn't spot any schools of bait. We fished the shoals for a while only cathing a shark a jack crevail. No trout or reds at all.

We finally saw some bait around noon and headed that way. We were trolling yo-zuri minnows through them and managed to pick up 4 nice spanish one going 23". (pic is with my king)

We found some decent bottom in about 20 feet of water where they dumped the old bridge and caught some short grouper and several grunts.
And that was it. Over all it was a good weekend but it was hard fishing. Everyone we talked to had little to no luck at all.
Flanders
Site Sponsor

Re: 6/12-6/13 Panacea

Post by Flanders »

Fishing seems to be tough everywhere right now it seems. Nice fish though!! :thumbup:
I come from a small drinking community with a fishing problem
Joshjack84

Post by Joshjack84 »

Nice king. how you prepare that? Smoked?
clayfish

Post by clayfish »

I'm planning on broiling it.
Flanders
Site Sponsor

Post by Flanders »

either way, good eatin!!! :lick:
I come from a small drinking community with a fishing problem