Fishin Fool's Report

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Fishin Fool's Report

Post by fishinfool »

Well folks, it was a productive day of fishing Saturday, as far as I am concerned. After fighting with my recently aquired used outboard and then finding out the trolling motor latch pin was missing, I was able to settle in for a morning of angling. I found out the hard way that my drag was sticking. I lost 3 good fish due to it. I also lost a couple more to a hastily tied knot. After all that being said I was able to land a very nice 19 1/2 inch trout. I caught a couple more that were shorter, but were fun to catch. I fished the Rock Garden area most of the time in about 6 feet of water. It was very hot and by 11:30 I had had enough of the heat. I did make it into a cove where an island sporting a dozen or so Palm trees was located. I managaed to get a sizable Red to chase my Spook jr. He struck at it 5 or 6 times before giving up. Most of my action was on 1/4 oz Live Eye jigs with Gulp shrimp. The rest was top water. I tried spoons with no results. The water was very clear and the grass beds looked like manicured lawns. I am hooked. I will be getting a gps soon to help me return to productive spots.
By the way. I am not able to find any maps of St.Marks and areas east. Does anyone have a source they would like to share? Thanks for the suggestions.
Tight Lines,
FF
boggob
Site Sponsor

Re: Fishin Fool's Report

Post by boggob »