30+ Fish Day in Jacksonville

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

creech

30+ Fish Day in Jacksonville

Post by creech »

Since moving the family over here in January I have not had to many chance to get on the water. Finally getting my wife and daughter settled and done with most of the house projects, for now. :roll: I was invited out this morning with some new friends that I met just since moving here. The crew for the day was myself, Brady Copeland & Capt. Rick "Slick" Therine of catchinabuzz.com. These are two local boys who really know the waters of the ICW. We launched around 6:30 and had the first fish on by 6:45. The first stop produced an in shore slam for me. A red, trout, and a flounder and all were keeper fish. We only moved a few times and every spot seemed to hold good numbers of fish. We had multiple double hook-ups today. We even got into the mangrove snapper pretty heavy at one stop. For the most part the fish were lower slot or shorts but Brady did managed to pull a nice 26.5", 6.5# red. We ended the day around 11:00 with 30 or more fish boated. After a quick wash down of the boat we capped off the fishing trip with a burger and a cold :beer: at the marina restaurant.
'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.' -G. K. Chesterton
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Re: 30+ Fish Day in Jacksonville

Post by DixieReb »

:thumbup: :thumbup: Great report! Best one I've seen in a while. Those old barges probably hold all kinds of fish.
Yours in the South
Welby
Site Sponsor

Post by Welby »

Thanks for the report and the pictures Creech ! :thumbup:
whitebc
Site Sponsor

Post by whitebc »

:thumbup: :thumbup:
A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the telephone.
creech

Post by creech »

Thanks for the comments guys. I't sure was nice to be back on the water. I'm already planning my next trip. :-D
'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.' -G. K. Chesterton
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

I guess my phone don't ring.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
creech

Post by creech »

Funny thing about those damn phones is that they work both ways. ;-) :thumbup:
Eerman
Site Sponsor

Post by Eerman »

Sweet day :thumbup:
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner."
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Hey Creech your cheating going out with a guide. :wink: Nice fish. Got a boat yet?
creech

Post by creech »

He's no guide, just a nick name. "Capt Slick"

No boat yet. You want to send me yours, I'll us it this fall & winter while your hunting? ;-)
Flanders
Site Sponsor

Post by Flanders »

Nice report creech.. Great pics.. :thumbup:
I come from a small drinking community with a fishing problem