AUG 1 New Rules

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

jsuber
Site Sponsor

AUG 1 New Rules

Post by jsuber »

As many as 338,000 people are expected to need a shore line license. But because the requirement is so new, anglers may get a break for a couple of days.

“The officers are not going to lock you up,” Henry Cabbage, Fish and Wildlife Spokesman, said. “He’s going to suggest that before you come back out here tomorrow, you need to get the license.”

Boaters also now face a host of new regulations.

Tearing up seagrass beds will cost you 50 dollars for the first time. A fourth offense will clip you for a thousand dollars.

Current law says anyone under 21 must take a boating safety class

But evidence shows the majority of boating accidents are caused by people over 21 who started boating later in life.

From now on, anyone born after January 1st, 1988 will have to have had a boating safety class.

David Lewis took a safety course years ago.

“Well it was a good course and it taught a good deal about seamanship, but it didn’t have the components of the course that involved the practical realities of operating a boat,” Lewis said.

Kids will now have to wear life jackets until they are ten instead of just six. Shonja Metcalf says the lifesavers are a must for her kids.

“If the boat’s in gear, if the boat’s on, they’re wearing life jackets,” Metcalf said.

Finally, the state is also lowering the blood alcohol level to make it easier to throw the book at really drunk boaters.

The legislation also increases the fee to register a boat from another state by six dollars.
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Re: AUG 1 New Rules

Post by Dubble Trubble »

Have you seen anything our government has done lately that gives us MORE freedom?

We are all too damn stupid to run our own lives I guess.

Expect many more rules and taxes down the road....Big Brother is on the way.

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

Man, I'm glad I always buy a full-year license, anyway. I'd hate ta have ta buy another one just to pier fish! :roll:
Yours in the South
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

You mean all those bridge fisher people are now going to have to pay to support our fisheries. Outstanding.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Fisherman989
Site Sponsor

Post by Fisherman989 »

This new rule for license is for Florida residents only. They have been getting by with no license requirement till now. If they fished from a pier or shore or a bridge (Florida people only) they did not have to have a saltwater license. Now they do. All out-of-staters had to have a saltwater license since inception. :)
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

MudDucker wrote:You mean all those bridge fisher people are now going to have to pay to support our fisheries. Outstanding.

LOL, you wish. You need to read the "exemptions"

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
Sea Dawg
Site Sponsor

Post by Sea Dawg »

Its shouldn't even bother the ga guy's as yall have to buy a salt water lis, no matter what
sdavis82

Post by sdavis82 »

I checked the fwc website and it still shows the age requirement for life vests for kids is 6 yrs old. Is it definetely changing to 10?
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

They are government. Give them time.
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

I got checked Sat. The Officer told me it was under 6. :smt102
GULP! free since 1970.
wft