Ecofina 03-19-04

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Atticus
Site Sponsor

Ecofina 03-19-04

Post by Atticus »

Went out at around 7:40 with Sir Reel and his co-worker Carl in Sir Reel's Carolina Skiff...

Tide was LOW-

We got out past the tri-pod then tried trolling out past the first platform, not much doing so we went back towards the creek mouths and set up a drift, put a keeper in the box and then landed a few shorts

Then we changed position/strategy and Carl totally blew up on us, landing some monsters which, if memory serves, went about 22 and 24 inches.

NOTE- Sir Reel has some better pictures of these fish- He will post them here I am sure.

Then we took a few more drifts with some more keepers. Finally I put one decent one in the box -- this guy went about 17 incnes

Carl kept on catching monsters and I also put a 20-incher in the box

Sir Reel has more pictures I am sure so he can show you what he has got.

We also picked up a couple spanish macks which was a nice change of pace. Sir Reel put a keeper in the box and we caught a ton of shorts.

Here is the catch back at the homestead...

We bagged ten trout, the ones on the right are at about 15-16 inches and I think the biggest one was 24. We also brought home two macks.

Thanks to Sir Reel for the invite!!!!!! All involved had a great time. :thumbup: :beer:
Atticus
Site Sponsor

Post by Atticus »

One more thing- We bagged a tabby cat also... :-D :-D :-D
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

Nice pics Luke, glad yea got to go.. :thumbup:
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Great report Atticus. Thanks for the pictures too. :thumbup:
Semper Fi
BlindHog

Post by BlindHog »

Thanks for the pictures, Atticus. Hope we can get Sir Reel to put us all together again soon. Maybe we can go to Keaton next time and find Tom's stained water spot.
Even a Blind Hog finds an acorn now 'n then...