Cajun Anchor

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

lizbeth
Site Sponsor

Cajun Anchor

Post by lizbeth »

Has anyone on here ever used the Cajun Anchor or the Stick It anchor Pins ? I'm wondering if they really work.

http://www.cajunanchor.com/

http://shop.stickitanchorpins.com/
Pirate Girl
FUTCHCAIRO

Re: Cajun Anchor

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

IT WOULD PROBBABLY WORK IF YOU HAD LESS THAN 2-3 MPH CURRENT AND LOTS OF MUD?????????????
PA THE OLD MAN :smt006
FUTCHCAIRO
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

The Cajun anchor would probably work in mud, I doubt it would work in sand and know it wouldn't work on hard bottom :-D

The Stickit would definitely work :thumbup: but it would be easy and much cheaper to just make something similar yourself :smt004 :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
lizbeth
Site Sponsor

Post by lizbeth »

Thanks Guy's, I thought the "Stick it" would be easier to handle. If I were to make one, what would be the best thing to use ?
Pirate Girl
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

A lot depends on how deep you want to use it, size of the boat and willingness to drill some holes in it :-D A rod holder "mounted on the transome" and an 8 or 10 foot stick of 3/4" PVC would work for most inshore areas :thumbup: I have a 10 foot SS ground rod that I plan to use for one some day :smt004 If you use PVC, put a cap on one end and a T on the other end :thumbup: :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
lizbeth
Site Sponsor

Post by lizbeth »

where heck did you find a SS ground rod ? I guess i could just take my ground rod driver and just put ground rods down every where i fish....LOL :smt005 :smt005 why would i have to attach a holder to the boat ? why not use a short rope ? by the way the last time i used a ground rod driver i was at work and ran the ground rod through my hand "ouch" had to go to urgent care to get it stiched up !!
Pirate Girl
Nathan
Site Sponsor

Post by Nathan »

I have a 5.5' Stick It that I use with my kayak. It works great. I would recommend getting the 8' one for use with a boat. Even on hard bottom it slides in between the rocks and shells. I tried using PVC and it didn't work very well. The diameter was too large and too hard to shove into the ground. A long solid glass fishing rod would work. Just cut off a couple feet of the tip to make it stiffer. Or an old long VHF antennae would work also.

Nathan
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

I guess you could use rope. But it seems to me that the PVC "or whatever" would tend to lay over easier "single point of resistance", whereas the rod holder would be long enuff to create two points "top and bottom of the holder" :beer:

I got the ground rod from Florida Power, back when I was triming the power lines for them :thumbup: and the only ground rod driver I ever used was a sled hammer :lol: :beer:
lizbeth
Site Sponsor

Post by lizbeth »

Ok i guess i will have to ambush a florida power truck ! I do have a old VHF antenna.
Pirate Girl
Chill-N-Grill
Site Sponsor

Post by Chill-N-Grill »

I have a stick it anchor and it works great for my 20' bay boat
lizbeth
Site Sponsor

Post by lizbeth »

did you get the 7' or 8' ?
Pirate Girl
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

I use my cajun anchor quite a bit around creek mouths...wish I had bought a longer size as mine is only about 4 feet. Only prob I've ever had is the shackle screw sometimes
vibrates loose.
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
Chill-N-Grill
Site Sponsor

Post by Chill-N-Grill »

I have the 8'
creech

Post by creech »

http://www.microskiff.com/reviews/produ ... -pole.html

Lizbeth, Check out this link. I thought it was a fair and honest review.
'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.' -G. K. Chesterton
lizbeth
Site Sponsor

Post by lizbeth »

Thanks, I took a look.
Pirate Girl