St. Marks Saturday Finally!

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Knot Yet

St. Marks Saturday Finally!

Post by Knot Yet »

Left Shields boat ramp about 9:00am ,first time taking my new 20ft key west out by myself, no crew.. Headed out southeast of lighthouse 17 miles, 32 feet deep, water clear could see bottom. Started to troll, before I even got 2nd line in the water, " boom" or should I say zing!!!!!!!! Boated a 22" red grouper, very excited first keeper grouper,( my boat )trolling! Thanks Jeff Gordon, "colors", stretch 25. Within 10 minutes zing!!!!, zing!! a couple of shorts, debatable, but I gave the fish the benifite of the doubt, after numerous toin cossses!! Just started fishing! I'll keep the big ones. Boated 2 more keepers, this time gags, 24" and 27". Stopped and bottomed fished with ly's caught 5 more shorts and released. Trolled more checked out more bottom,bite stopped by 1:00. Headed home 2:30, had a wonderful day, wish my girlfriend would have been in town! She missed out again!
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

WTG Randy! That is the way to break in a boat.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

wtg.. :thumbup:
fish finder
Site Sponsor

Grouper Addiction!!

Post by fish finder »

Knot Yet,
Good report and a great day on the water. It doesn't get any better than being out there, on your new boat, on a beautiful day, catching grouper. Becareful though, that grouper fever you've had, is on the verge of becoming a full fledged ADDICTION!! :-D

Life is short, Fish hard!
Capt. Jay
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Good Job KY!

I'll bet you were grin'n from ear ta ear... just walk'n round that new boat.... pet'n the console... listen'n to the hum of that new engine.... admir'n the shinny new fiberglass... stop'n everyonce in a while to pull in a grouper.... MAN...sorta makes ya wonder what the rich folks were doing today don't it :-D
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
rookie

Post by rookie »

WTG :thumbup: