St Marks Channel - 10/4/9

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Redfin
Site Sponsor

St Marks Channel - 10/4/9

Post by Redfin »

Well- we went out at 7am with intentions of heading offshore. NOAA called for 5-10... it was 15-20 by 9am.

We did the majority of our fishing just off the #7 channel marker waiting on Sea Tow to pull us back the 1.5 miles to the Lighthouse Ramp. On the way out we lost power almost immediately and after an hour of fuel flow investigations later,I found a broken 90 degree fitting on top of my tank under an access hatch... how that got broke is a mystery.. the tank is bolted down and nothing comes in contact with it. Or so I thought...

(Glad this didn't happen 25 miles out with the way the weather turned)

Loaded up and back to tally by noon...
We did manage 2 keeper trout, 10+ shorts and a sea turtle while waiting on Sea Tow to come from Panecea. It sure made the yearly fee seem worth it once I saw it was a $400 tow bill for non-members.

:-D
Chill-N-Grill
Site Sponsor

Re: St Marks Channel - 10/4/9

Post by Chill-N-Grill »

Glad you got in safely. Isn't SEA TOW great.
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

Power boats take quite a pounding. It is a wonder more stuff does not mysteriously come loose or break.
Fishman
Site Sponsor

Post by Fishman »

Glad you made it back in.
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

Glad you got back in safely. We saw SeaTow head out/in several times yesterday...
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
Supa Fly

Post by Supa Fly »

Dang, too bad I missed this trip!! Glad you made it in ok man.