Tallahassee Marine Center

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Redfin
Site Sponsor

Tallahassee Marine Center

Post by Redfin »

Well- I gave them a try... asked them to change out a broken fitting on my in deck gas tank and the fuel filter while they had it. Paid my $131 and hooked it up. Decided to give it a quick look. Popped the access hatch and what do you know, same broken fitting, and same fuel line not hooked up. Just as I had left it. I "inquired" :x with the service manager what I just paid $131 for? A $10 fuel filter? He told me he was out yesterday. :(

The nice guy in back fixed the fitting in 5 minutes while I waited and the SM gave me a gallon of Yamalube. They made good I guess.. but they shouldn't have had to in my opinion... they should have checked.. oh well for trying out a different place..

Moral of the story. Always check your repairs before you leave if they aren't shown to you - which Im sure most everyone here does anyways...
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Re: Tallahassee Marine Center

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Sorry you had a bad experience but they've always done right on my boat.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

never been there but it sounds like the SM tried; he gave you the equivalent a $20+ refund. Frustrating for sure, but mistakes happen.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
Redfin
Site Sponsor

Post by Redfin »

SHOWBOAT wrote:never been there but it sounds like the SM tried; he gave you the equivalent a $20+ refund. Frustrating for sure, but mistakes happen.
I know, figured it was better than nothing..
culrich
Site Sponsor

Post by culrich »

Redfin wrote:
SHOWBOAT wrote:never been there but it sounds like the SM tried; he gave you the equivalent a $20+ refund. Frustrating for sure, but mistakes happen.
I know, figured it was better than nothing..
They quoted me at 2 hundred and some change to install my power pole, got there to pick it up and they had the bill on the counter for $350. :thumbdown: No call or anything to tell me it was gonna cost more.
NO FLUKE!!!

LANARK MARKET!!!!
Redfin
Site Sponsor

Post by Redfin »

culrich wrote:They quoted me at 2 hundred and some change to install my power pole, got there to pick it up and they had the bill on the counter for $350. :thumbdown: No call or anything to tell me it was gonna cost more.
yea i asked to be called prior to fixing, and when I called to check on it they said it was ready...
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

wow! Sorry to hear it guys. Go visit Fred and Quin at Parkway would be my only recomendation.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
Reel Fun
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Fun »

Sounds like a people/communication problem, but.... that's what runs the business everyday.
BUT--------
"The nice guy in back fixed the fitting in 5 minutes" = $131 ????????????

just an observation....... :o
Time on the water is NEVER wasted time.
Redfin
Site Sponsor

Post by Redfin »

Reel Fun wrote:Sounds like a people/communication problem, but.... that's what runs the business everyday.
BUT--------
"The nice guy in back fixed the fitting in 5 minutes" = $131 ????????????

just an observation....... :o
Tell me about it... that amount did include a new $10 fuel filer - (I didn't go to Parkway due to time and location, other wise I would have-usually do)
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Sorry they dropped the ball on your service request. They have always gone above and beyond for all dealings I have had with them.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Redfin
Site Sponsor

Post by Redfin »

I agree- things do happen- may give em another chance- 8)
I wasn't trying to ALL OUT bash them, but damn, when you pay good money for a simple repair, and it did say on the ticket, "fuel fitting barb changed", and 1 hour labor, it makes you wonder...
Dont get me wrong - I am glad they fixed it. And they guy out back did tell me he enjoys coming to work, cause he loves working on boats, so thats good... (he just needs to read the sheet twice I reckon :) )
Chill-N-Grill
Site Sponsor

Post by Chill-N-Grill »

Mike's Marine (The best in my book)
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

If everyone was up to 100% everyday the world would have no problems.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Pangler
Site Sponsor

Post by Pangler »

Mike's Marine sold me a new 06 Yamaha 200 HPDI and didn't change the filter I had for a carborated motor. Less than 20 hours on the motor, I had to get towed from about 6 miles off Dog Island. Took it back to Mike's and he charged me for a finer micron filter!! Shoit Happens!!! :smt012
Chill-N-Grill
Site Sponsor

Post by Chill-N-Grill »

And his prices are less than the others