Ghostrider III

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Chalk

Ghostrider III

Post by Chalk »

Left yesterday at 3:00 am with aspirations of being in Islamorada by 1530 to look at the next "Ghostrider III".

Drove 1414.4 miles in 48 hours by myself...ass dragging tired. Will report more later.

The "Ghostrider III" Maverick HPX Tunnel

KyTrkyHntr
Site Sponsor

Re: Ghostrider III

Post by KyTrkyHntr »

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Catch & Release Fish!!!!....... Not Criminals!

Image Image
WaltDawg
Site Sponsor

Post by WaltDawg »

Very nice.
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

Good looking boat! If you need someone to help you break it in drop me a line.
FF
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

What did you go back home for your wallet or take a short cut through Atlanta?
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

jsuber wrote:What did you go back home for your wallet or take a short cut through Atlanta?
Not Atlanta - Islamorada :o
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

I was joking that you went through Hotlanta to get there, and I just looked at the map, and did not realize its a good 10 hour drive. WHOA!
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

11.5 hours by the time you get gas three times :smt010
Eerman
Site Sponsor

Post by Eerman »

I mean this in the most respectful way possible; but, you suck. :thumbup: :smt007
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner."
Reel Slow
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Slow »

Congrats Chalk :thumbup:
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

I didn't get to ride on GRII :(
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Sold the Banshee on Sunday and started looking for another boat on Sunday. Found alot of boats, but only a few peaked my interest. Heard rumor of a Hells Bay in Alabama. The person that told me about it possibly being available tried to call the owner to see if it was available still.

As I waited for the return call - I kept looking. On Monday the Maverick came on the market, so I started working on it as a back up plan. Got some additional pictures and spoke with the dealer several times. The boat didn't have a trailer - started working on that.

Gave the Hells Bay owner til Wednesday to contact my friend. Wednesday rolls around and no call....what to do. Decide to see if I could get a trailer quick and I could. Called Hi-Tec Marine in Panama City and they were great to work with. Called the dealer in Islamorada and secured the boat. The dealer later tells me that someone from Georgia called two hours after me to buy the boat :o .

I strike out at 0300 on Friday with an anticipated rendezvous of 1530 in Islamorada :o . No coffee, nothing to eat only gas for the truck and music for me. Stopped in Ocala at the bank to pick up a check (there are no BOA in Panama City for some reason). Stopped again on the turnpike for gas and a protein bar and a Mountain Dew :smt026. Next stop is Florida City for fuel. Final stop is Cariee Boat Center in Islamorada. :o

They seem to have a different attitude about boats in the Keys. I expected the boat to be clean and shined up - we she wasn't. Anyway - she was already in the water and we went for a wet test. The 70 two stroke growled and ran a little rough. I don't think she had been run much recently, put her on the hose at the house and she purred like a kitten last night. She ran good - might need some prop work - thought the RPMs were a touch low. Back at the dock they lifted her out. I check over the bottom and looked all around her. She has a a few bruises and dings but not bad for an 03 boat - similar condition to the 01 Ghost I had. She needs a good bath, buffing, waxing and some gel coat work.

She was load on the trailer - the trailer was deemed to be too big. I could almost stand in between the i-beam and the boat :o . Called Hi-Tec while was in Islamorada and talked to them. They said no problem - going to order a smaller width axle and build me another trailer. Going to carry the boat to them Monday for measurements.

Side story is that I needed another push pole - knowing I was going to be traveling the entire state of Florida I started scouring the internet for a Stiffy :o :lol: . Found one in St. Petersburg - sent an email asking if they still had it and to call him - email signed C.A. Richardson. Name kinda sounded familiar, but I couldn't place it...called the number and this familiar booming voice answers the phone. As we talk it clicks - I ask are you the C.A. Richardson from flatsclass television show - he says yes. Deal is secured and I have a 22 ft Stiffy Guide.

Back to the boat - I head out back to Key Largo where I have a room for at the Hilton. Stop at subway and get a sub and headed out to the motel. Monroe County Sheriff deputy goes by me on the inside lane and then pulls into a turn lane and then pulls out back in behind me lights me up :o . Asks why I do not have a tag - told him I just bought the trailer and the dealer said I had 15 days. He said he told you a lie - driving with a tag is a misdemeanor and he could tow my boat and trailer :o . At this point my nuggets were at ear level. He says the trailer dealers do that all the time and that he had never pulled me over before and to enjoy my evening salute1

Went to bed and got up 0300 again and headed out to St. Pete via the Alligator Alley. Arrived at C.A.'s house around 0900 and got the pole and headed out. Thanks to C.A. for the sweet deal on the pole. Left there and headed to Perry and from there went by Spring Warrior, Econfina, St. Marks - all my old haunts. On to Panama City were I went to car wash spending ten minutes power washing the engine and boat. Stopping by my neighbor Ricky's house where him and Panama Ling were at and let them look over the boat.

Beat down tired 1414.4 miles round trip in two days - I'm tired. Spent $280 in fuel - wasn't too bad and about $40 in tolls.

The more I clean the boat - the more she seems to be coming to life - probably going to carry her to Mike's to do the fiberglass work based off of Reel Slow's recommendation.
dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

Post by dolphinatic »

Congrats Chalk......she's a beaut :thumbup:
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21

Team BevisRealty.com
bman

Post by bman »

Super Nice...Maverick is one heck of a boat!
I Trailer does not look too big in the photo.
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Barry - Its about 2.5 foot too wide...other than that the trailer pulled like a dream.