headed down the weekend { help}

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

gatormullet2

headed down the weekend { help}

Post by gatormullet2 »

plaining on fishing out of ochlockonee river state park any body teel me if the reds or trout or both are in the river yet or will all the fresh water run them back out to the bay area. thinks in advance! salute1
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Re: headed down the weekend { help}

Post by Jumptrout51 »

They are certainly there. On all my favorite river holes.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
gatormullet2

Post by gatormullet2 »

well give me some hints and i'll see if i can find one or two of them there holes t :thumbup: :lick:hat is salute1
gatormullet2

Post by gatormullet2 »

send me an email jt51 rbrinson2008windstream.net
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

OK, JT, this is a new guy. It ain't fair to mislead a new guy. You now have a map and a certificate. Post pictures of the map and certificate so everyone will know where your holes are. (leave out the picture of your back side)
What was I supposed to do today?
Joe
Site Sponsor

Post by Joe »

GM,
I HAD been catching fish in the area prior to two weeks ago....lots of freshwater. Like a DA I kept going back. Its been a struggle. Everything that fills the "O" is very high coming into the lake, the dam is open wide. I was aware of the fresh so hit the bars and flats in the mouth after the river gave no love. Still a challenge! I don't think things will change before then. If you are stuck going to the park, hit the points for the Strippers. They don't seem to be phased by all the water.

Good Luck!
And please stay out of JTs holes.
Tidedancer
Site Sponsor

Post by Tidedancer »

The Ochlockonee River state park is a nice place to camp and fish. We still have a lot of fresh water coming into the bay area via the rivers and it seems to have driven some or most of the trout and reds back to the bay area. Hope that helps. Be sure to give us a report and some photos good or bad.
Have a great weekend.
Jhults11

Post by Jhults11 »

Iv been running a creel survey with FWC the past year as one of the many projects I do with them as a Fish and Wildlife Technician. I interviewed 2 guys yesterday that said they did well on the redfish and trout along with a few stripers fishing closer to the gulf. They said the freshwater has done exactly what you said, which is logical and makes sense, its pushed them back towards the bay, good luck.
Last edited by Jhults11 on December 15th, 2009, 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing it's not the fish they are after." -Henry David Thoreau
gatormullet2

Post by gatormullet2 »

thanks guy's any body fish out around the rotary reef or shoals hit me with a report thanks again :thumbup: