Is this a good deal?

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

cygraphics
Site Sponsor

Is this a good deal?

Post by cygraphics »

We just redesigned Mosquito Creek Outdoor's (located in Apopka) web site and was checking links, review the site, etc.... and looked at the fishing products that they had on sale.... Anyways, my question is do any of you use Quantum rods and reels? If so, are these prices a good deal? The price seems great compared to the big box stores. They also have a lot of fly fishing products. I would like to get started in that, but that will require some education before I make that jump into another hobby.

http://www.mosquitocreek.com/Fishing-Cl ... ucts/2070/
TallyFish

Re: Is this a good deal?

Post by TallyFish »

Price on the Quantum is lower than I paid for my reel! Nice web page presentation, good job!
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

I have the Boca and Energy reels. I do too much inshore for a need for a Cabo (monsters!)

Their rods are just as great and strong as their reels.

The catalyst is a good reel.

What are you going to be fishing for w/ the reel?
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
littlejohn
Site Sponsor

Post by littlejohn »

I have several Catalyst and Boca reels. Great reels, good drag system and very good bail system. I also have acouple of their casting reels. also very good.

Price on the catalyst is very good.

I have not used their rods, so no comment on them.
cygraphics
Site Sponsor

Post by cygraphics »

Thanks for the feed back guys. I would would using the rods for Reds , Trout, and the once a year bass trip.