St. George 12-15

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

willworkforfish

St. George 12-15

Post by willworkforfish »

Finally got to the island after many many delays but found no water

We couldnt wait anymore and decided to give it a shot anyway. About 20 minutes later we were bumber deep in mud with the boat actually higher then my truck was. Thanks to the two oyster guys who pulled not only my truck out but towed the boat out. I am glad we provided entertainment and im sure a whole days worth of jokes for those two guys. (sorry no pictures of that, didnt want evidence of stupidity)

We ran around a bit trying to find some deeper water but it was hard to in the fog. Threw spoons, topwater, mirrolure, Gulp, and got nothing to show for it. Fished some grass in about 3-4 feet and had a few trout follow but didnt want to eat. Finally the tide started pushing in pretty well and we managed one red off a bed

He really wanted the pink aquadream spoon THANKS CAPT. MIKE and welcome to the forum!! After a while trying to get him un buttoned he managed to make enough racket to warn all his buddys to get out of there. No more reds for the day. The weather cleared and it actually got hot for a bit. ran into some baby trout on the way back to the ramp. It would have been nice to have a few more fish but i couldnt ask for anything more then time on the water with my boat and my good fishn buddy.

Flanders
Site Sponsor

Re: St. George 12-15

Post by Flanders »

:thumbup:
I come from a small drinking community with a fishing problem
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

That looks like the old sand ramp, did you guys try to launch at the new ramp by the pier?
Yours in the South
willworkforfish

we launched at the youth ranch ramp in the state park. we were camping in there and it was going to be the "easiest" haha
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

HEY , AL GORE SAID THAT THE OCEANS WERE RISING AT THE RATE OF 1 FT. PER YEAR, GUESS HE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT, JUST LIKE THAT BUNCH OF IDIOTS UP IN WASHINGTON. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :smt010 :smt010 :smt011 :smt012
FUTCHCAIRO
gatormullet2

Post by gatormullet2 »

thats for sure preach on bro. :thumbup: :hammer:
WaltDawg
Site Sponsor

Post by WaltDawg »

The ramp a quarter mile down the road is a little more friendly to shallow water and it has a somewhat marked channel. The new ramp is nice and you can launch where the oyster boats launch that isn't too bad. Nice fish though
qoutrage
Site Sponsor

Post by qoutrage »

Guess I missed this'un..(thread) Nice report and pics. :thumbup:
willworkforfish

thank ya. Hoping to get on the water this saturday as well. probably wont go all the way to SGI maybe lanark. Im considering st. marks but i have never been there before. any suggestions?