Steinhatchee

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Fisherman989
Site Sponsor

Steinhatchee

Post by Fisherman989 »

Well, Steinhatchee was a complete bust after 4 years of abscence. We went down there yesterday and fished from the outermost island to about 1 mile above the bridge...used all colors of mirrorlures...shrimp under corks..fished shallow...fished deep and all 2 of us caught was a few oyster shells. Dixie Rebel was my partner. Not a bite.
There was about 35 boats there. We talked to some of them and they had not a bite..all day.
Water temp was 55 degrees out close to the mouth of the river. Clarity was perfect. Fish were not in the river. All the boats that were there would talk about was, "you ought to have been there last week. We loaded the boat."
The stop in Thomasville for supper was the hilite of the entire trip. :(
chugbug

Re: Steinhatchee

Post by chugbug »

I feel your pain brother. I was very disappointed after being there last week and loading the boat. I gues that's why they call it fishin.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Fish don't eat everyday.
Keep trying.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
tilldawg

Post by tilldawg »

Fisherman989 wrote:Well, Steinhatchee was a complete bust after 4 years of abscence. We went down there yesterday and fished from the outermost island to about 1 mile above the bridge...used all colors of mirrorlures...shrimp under corks..fished shallow...fished deep and all 2 of us caught was a few oyster shells. Dixie Rebel was my partner. Not a bite.
There was about 35 boats there. We talked to some of them and they had not a bite..all day.
Water temp was 55 degrees out close to the mouth of the river. Clarity was perfect. Fish were not in the river. All the boats that were there would talk about was, "you ought to have been there last week. We loaded the boat."
The stop in Thomasville for supper was the hilite of the entire trip. :(
They probably moved out to the flats near the river. Bivens cove, pine log areas are usually good if they slip out of the river.