Trailer Tire Safety

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Trailer Tire Safety

Post by Sir reel »

Felt that it would be appropriate to bring this to the forum based on my experience yesterday and CS Marine as well.

This time of year as the temp's (road) start going up... there is more stress placed on your trailer tires as higher temps build up. This is when you see a bunch of rigs on the side of the road with destroyed tires. Just want to tell everybody to get out there and check'm. Be sure to keep the correct pressures.... Have a spare with you!! A Jack!! A lug wrench!! and so forth. It would be a good idea to take off the lug nuts and put a bit of lube on them and replace.... it can get ugly in a hurry if they haven't been off in a while and your far away from your tools at home. Might want to check the bearings also.
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
RodBow
Site Sponsor

Post by RodBow »

I agree SR. I hit a City Streets department special patch job on St. Augustine at KFC on Saturday when returning from the LH with one tire and discovered it flat on Sunday (accused wife of flattening it). So I'm off to Wally World tonight to reequip with new one. I had replaced the other wheel and tire 2 years ago - should have done both. Might as well repack the bearings as needed.

I'd hate the thought of sucking those LH gnats up the nose while changing a flat tire!
use your opportunities ...

218 Carolina Skiff
25 Bayliner Deck
Tidedancer
Site Sponsor

Post by Tidedancer »

I even carry an extra packed hub. better safe than sorry. There are not many trailers places open on Sat and Sun.