Aucilla 4/9

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

rocket
Site Sponsor

Aucilla 4/9

Post by rocket »

Headed out of the river about 3:30 p.m. with Fish Masterson, and his best girl following. We got separated shortly after we started fishing, but it didn't seem to matter. Both boats did well. The boat I was on had 10 keeper trout (3 over 20"), a 27' red (a product of yours truly), and a 26" red, when we got back to the hill. The trout hit on hard baits, as well as soft baits, in 5' all the way to the shore line. Reds were caught on spoons.
Fish Masterson did well also, with the high light of his afternoon being a caught and released 28" red. Normally I would call b.s., but he had proof of the fish, courtesy of his digital camera. :-D :-D
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

Nice catch.. :thumbup:
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Sounds like a great time on the water :thumbup: :thumbup:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Good job to both of you :thumbup: Did you catch the red's while you were fishing for trout or did you specifically target them?
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Good fishing. :thumbup: Bet the Red was fun.
Semper Fi
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

FMasterson caught his while fishing for trout. We actually stopped fishing for trout, and headed futher inshore to target reds. Sun was getting low, and we had hoped the wind would lay down to throw some topwater. Wind never cooperated, so we opted for spoons.
Fish Masterson
Site Sponsor

Post by Fish Masterson »

It's a shame when you have to photo-document your fishin trip just so your so called pals will believe you :D .
By the way I was targeting FISH, whether red, blue, yellow, or any other color. I just happened to catch only Reds, and Trout.
Fish Masterson
P.S. Here is the "proof", sorry for the crude pic but my "best girl" isn't much of a picture taker.

Here is a pic of my best girl :-D .

rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

Poor little thing, I'm sure glad you threw that minnow back!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbup: :thumbup: