Quick Report - last two trips out of St Marks

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Redfish Jim
Site Sponsor

Quick Report - last two trips out of St Marks

Post by Redfish Jim »

I've lurked more than posted because of nothing spectacular to report. The three W's, weather, work and wife, have kept me off the water. My trips have been short and primarily an excuse to get out of the house for a few hours to get some stone crab claws out of a few traps I maintain during the season.

The last two times I've gotten out, the results were almost identical. I got a good mess of crab claws for me and my wife. I was able to spend about 45 minutes in a creek between St. Marks and Aucilla and threw a gulp. Both trips, there were no baitfish nibbles or any other action except for one bite that turned into a hookup. Both times, 27" redfish that made good trips special. These would have been good fish to weigh in at a tournament. Instead, they wound up being good eats. The water as of last Sunday is still colder than h*@#. I expect better a lot hotter action in the creeks in the next couple of weeks.
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Re: Quick Report - last two trips out of St Marks

Post by Harmsway »

Same story for me, Redfish Jim. Might have been better 'cept for that airboat running up and down the shoreline all the time.
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
Reel Addiction
Site Sponsor

Re: Quick Report - last two trips out of St Marks

Post by Reel Addiction »

Let's review: On the water which means you are not doing yard work, Stone crab claws? Fat Redfish? Sounds like a pretty darn good trip to me!