Econfina 3-31 thru 4-2

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

jcflats

Econfina 3-31 thru 4-2

Post by jcflats »

Had a fun couple of days fishing with my wife at Econfina.

3-31-10- Pretty slow day on the flats for us. The wind blew cold and hard starting NE at 10 mph and changing to SW at 10-15 and cold. The water was still very stained with all the wind however, the water temps were in the mid 60's most of the day. We fished in close west of the river and only caught about five trout with just one keeper.

4-1-10- The weather was simply awesome! :D We tried a different strategy and went to 7-8 foot. We immediately started to catch fish. The water temp was a constant 65.5. We started getting a pinfish bite and I knew we were in the right place. We caught close to 50 trout for the day with a ton of short fish. We also caught blues, rock bass, blowfish, sand trout and spanish. Late in the afternoon and needing 2 trout to finish our limit, we moved in close and caught an 18" and 24" trout and a 22" red to finish a very exciting day of fishing.

4-2-10- I went out at daylight to try and get a top water bite. I had several follows and a couple of short strikes but no hook ups. Around 10:30 i went back out to 7-9 foot. The water was slick and spanish and blues were hitting the top all around me. I managed one spanish and several blues before getting cut off. I then headed back in to pick up my wife. We went back to 7.5 where we caught the trout the day before but could not get a bite. Moved into 5.5 and the bite was on. We caught a boat load of short trout and managed to put 6 keepers in the box. The water temps were 68-71 and the bite is on!

Gulp jerk shad's caught most of the fish. Glow or White (i think these were the 5 inch)

Hope all of you can get out there soon!

Wife's Blowfish
JC's 21" trout (I know silly looking hat!)
JC's 24" trout
Wife's 22" red
Box of Fish
"In bad need of some coastal therpy!"
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Re: Econfina 3-31 thru 4-2

Post by Jumptrout51 »

:thumbup:
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
gatormullet2

Post by gatormullet2 »

:smt005 Man can"t what to get down there . good to hear the action is back. :thumbup:
High Hope
Site Sponsor

Post by High Hope »

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Ron Wilson
Site Sponsor

Post by Ron Wilson »

Dayum nice work JC. :thumbup:
"Plan for the worst."
Rogan
Site Sponsor

Post by Rogan »

:smt023 Heck Yeah!
"No, I dont remember where I last had it, if I knew I'd go get it" ...