Boat Rules

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Re: Boat Rules

Post by Flint River Pirate »

You need to be familiar with boat courtesy also. Like not stopping in the middle of the river at econfina when folks are trying to beat the tide. also be mindful of your distance between other boats when running and drifting. There have been fist fights at the ramp for stuff like that.
Team Jolly Mon
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

You need to be familiar with boat courtesy also. Like not stopping in the middle of the river at econfina when folks are trying to beat the tide. also be mindful of your distance between other boats when running and drifting. There have been fist fights at the ramp for stuff like that.
Team Jolly Mon
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

You can say that again :thumbup: :D
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
Spot on

Post by Spot on »

Dave i know you are not talking about being mindfull of distance when you bought run me over and lets see where was that oh yeah the Econfina river. :lol:
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Spot on wrote:Dave i know you are not talking about being mindfull of distance when you bought run me over and lets see where was that oh yeah the Econfina river. :lol:

Econfina is a different breed all together. If you're in the way in the river you had better move if somebody is coming.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
Bizzarley

Post by Bizzarley »

Boy, you guys are great. I knew I could count on ya.

Hope your lines are tight and the drags a little loose.

Thanks.

Biz
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Spot on wrote:Dave i know you are not talking about being mindfull of distance when you bought run me over and lets see where was that oh yeah the Econfina river. :lol:
That was when I told you, "DON'T GET OFF PLANE OR YOU WILL HIT THE ROCKS!!!" :-D
Team Jolly Mon
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

Was flying back up the Econ river on a falling tide under 1.5' this past weekend and immediately after rounding one of the bends had a kayaker waving me to slow down... now I LOVE fishing out of kayaks and canoes... fished out of them exclusively the first three years I lived here... but being one of about six boats stacked close together running back in my immedidate thought was, "Why in the world didn't they put in at Hickory Mound???" That's what I did the entire time I fished out of a yak and my canoe and you couldn't have paid me to tempt fate on a busy weekend day with the tide falling being stuck powerless in the middle of the river. Just saying... :beer:
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
big bend gyrene

And if the kayaker was a board member, "Love you, mean it!" :-) Honestly didn't have enough reaction time to even contemplate slowing down.
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
leonreno

Post by leonreno »

We keep one of those air horns you can buy for a few bucks and our boats key chain has one of those orange whistles. We figured it would be good to have the horn for real emergencies but the whistle on the key chain is much easier to find when you must produce it for the po po.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

pontoon_dude wrote:
Reel Cowboy wrote: I've got both a horn and a whistle just to get out of being talked "at".
Same here, But, the dude I bought my boat from said a FWC Officer wrote him a ticket for not having a whistle even though the horn on the craft functions. I think it's like the highway cops, if you dont know the laws/your rights they will rail road you. They know people are scared of them and less likely to stand up for themselves.
I think ALL LEO's should have to pass a Public Courtesy Course. You know,smile,how are you and please.
When they come up with the scowl on the face it puts one on my face.
I remember the old days,when they were nice and courteous unless someone was acting like a jerk.
These days "they"(LEO) all act like jerks with the exception of one guy working out of Carrabelle.
Five or 6 others around here were nice, but they have been retired 2 or 3 years now.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
gary z

Post by gary z »

not safety devices, but if fishing off shore gotta have those dehookers, vent tool and circle hooks. got checked while fishing 18 miles out of st marks. guess a spear gun isnt a sufficient venting tool. oh yeah, and my registration numbers are also too close together.
ced0412

Post by ced0412 »

gary z wrote:oh yeah, and my registration numbers are also too close together.
That makes two of us.

I think the FWC around Carrabelle finally realized I'm not going to move or replace my last two letters for something so ridiculous, it hasn't been mentioned the last couple checks.
big bend gyrene

gary z wrote:guess a spear gun isnt a sufficient venting tool
:lol: :smt082 :smt043
jackvinsly

Post by jackvinsly »

If ant person can want to boating driver so please not down some protection or responsibility.first of all person having a license then person operating privet lake or Pound,he should have a boat sefty eduction ,he should have a all boating equipment knowledge also.good command on drive. he should having a knowledge about Propulsion, steering and stopping characteristics of jet pump vessels, the location and content of warning labels, how to re-board a PWC, the applicability of the Navigation Rules to PWC operation,
Where there is will there is way.