Alligator Point 4/18/04

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

fish finder
Site Sponsor

Alligator Point 4/18/04

Post by fish finder »

Finally got the owners of Cuda"B" out for a day of grouper fishing, along with my "first mate" Amy as well as bringing along my two girls(10 & 13) on their first trip offshore with dear old dad!! Got a late start due to having to wait for Alligator Point Marina to open up at 8. :-? They still operate under "bankers hours" :x After fueling up and loading up, we headed due south, destination, 45ft. Tried trolling for about 30 min before deciding to anchor up. First two stops, marked fish but no takers. We hit the third hole around 10 and the bite kicked in! We boxed 7 or 8 and released as many before moving to another hole about a mile away. This one was one of the owners spots that we hadn't been to in 8 or 9 months. As soon as we dropped bait, the hook up was on again! :P We put another 7 or 8 in the box before the bite slowed around 12. Decided to eat lunch and let my girls catch a few ruby lips, what a blast! :-D We then all decided to call it an early day and head in. Back at the dock, fish cleaned, boat washed and on our way by 3:30. What a great day!
The seas were a bit choppy, 3ft, in the AM but settled down as the day went. The bait was LY's, spanish sardines, & squid. Water temp was about 68 and clear. The two stops were in 48ft and 52 ft. The final count was 15 grouper, several going 28" and a dozen grunts. Cuda"B" ran great and it was great to back in so early with a nice mess of grouper!
It just doesn't get any better! :beer: :beer:

Capt. Jay
Last edited by fish finder on April 19th, 2004, 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sea Fox
Site Sponsor

Post by Sea Fox »

FF, Thats a good catch, its nice to get to fish yourself some I bet. :beer:
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Good report Capt Jay... :beer: :thumbup:
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Good report, Jay. Sounds like y'all had a good time.
What was I supposed to do today?