Carrabelle 4-16 & 4-17 overnight trip

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Sea Fox
Site Sponsor

Carrabelle 4-16 & 4-17 overnight trip

Post by Sea Fox »

One of my good friends and I got to Cbelle on friday and loaded the boat with supplies and were catching bait by 3pm and got to the Yamaha in time to catch supper and enjoy a great sunset. The bites ended after dark until we put a red glow stick on the swival and it got a 150lb class bull sharks attention. It almost spooled a full 330GTI, the fight lasted around 30 minutes. Its cool when you have to lean back and use your body weight to fight the fish. A short time later another bull only a bigger one hit the same rod with the red glow stick, after that we had all we could take and turned in for the night. After a hot cup of coffee at daybreak I missed 3 good bites in row then got 2 nice gags witch woke my friend up. The bite seemed to slow arond 11. We did get another good 80lb reef shark on a flat lined pin. Lost a king at the boat and had one take my bait on the flat line then hit my float and try to take it from me. We had a great time but the next time Ill have comfort in mind alittle more, the floor in my boat is hard even with a thick sleeping bag.
Sea Ya !
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

You camped at the Yammie Seafox, kewl.....Two words - Air mattress :lol: .... :thumbup:
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

Sounds like a good time.. :thumbup:
Sea Fox
Site Sponsor

Post by Sea Fox »

Chalk, It was a very dark night with no moon, and we had a free lined pin out with a green glow stick attached to it. It looked like something out of a horror movie when we turn the lantern off. Seen alot of shooting stars also. :beer:
GeneO.
Site Sponsor

Re: Carrabelle 4-16 & 4-17 overnight trip

Post by GeneO. »

Sea Fox wrote: but the next time Ill have comfort in mind alittle more
Be careful when you utter those words. I said that a couple of years ago and came home with a 30' boat :o . I said something like that the other day in front of my wife and I woke up a few minutes later in the corner with a red whelp on my head that resembled a broom stick. :smt005 :smt043 :smt044

That's good stuff man :thumbup: . Those glow sticks work out pretty good. Try this as well, take about two extra flats of whatever bait your fishing with and cut them into bite size chunks, throw out 4-5 pieces every five minutes. Free line a hooked chunk down with a glow stick and hold on.
Tight Lines and Screamin Drag

http://members.fishingworks.com/gosteen/
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

I would think a bean bag chair or two would be cheaper than a 30 foot boat. The bean bags would have to suffice for me. :smt102
What was I supposed to do today?
fish finder
Site Sponsor

Post by fish finder »

Sea Fox,
Sounds like you had a great time and everything went well with your overnight trip. I wish I could have joined you and parked Cuda"B" alongside. I'm thinking of doing the same, sometime in May or June, only out in 100ft! I hear the snapper bite is great at night by moonlight. :P
Kudos,
Fish Finder
GeneO.
Site Sponsor

Post by GeneO. »

fish finder wrote:Sea Fox,
Sounds like you had a great time and everything went well with your overnight trip. I wish I could have joined you and parked Cuda"B" alongside. I'm thinking of doing the same, sometime in May or June, only out in 100ft! I hear the snapper bite is great at night by moonlight. :P
Kudos,
Fish Finder
Fish Finder,

If you decide to do that trip, I'd love to go out as well. Might be we can do a board trip as you mentioned earlier.

Sea Fox
Site Sponsor

Post by Sea Fox »

Count me in on the 100ft trip if either of you plan a trip let me know. 8)
fish finder
Site Sponsor

100ft overnighter!

Post by fish finder »

Sea Fox & Geno,
I've got to get my radar looked at and have the running gear scraped on Cuda"B" and I'll be ready and waiting for the weather to get right. I hope to have those items taken care of in the next 2 weeks. Lets look at the second weekend of May and see if we get our schedules arranged. I know where some great coral bottom is, loaded with snapper & grouper within sight of S-Tower. I'll bring it up again on the forum around the first of May.
Fish Finder
Sea Fox
Site Sponsor

Post by Sea Fox »

this one got a free lined pin
GeneO.
Site Sponsor

Post by GeneO. »

You caught that on a GTI345? :o Are you hooked yet?

From the looks of that picture you didn't have a shortage of lighting that's for sure. :beer: :beer: :thumbup:

Sea Fox
Site Sponsor

Post by Sea Fox »

Man, I had a blast. Only thing is I have a mountain of work between me and Carrabelle.I have some more pics but they are to dark and I cant get the processer to upload them right.Its probably the user :oops: .