Water in tank?

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

MIAcanes44

Water in tank?

Post by MIAcanes44 »

The other weekend i was trying to put gas in my tank and it acted like it was full it kept spewing out. It finally just released and acted like it burped then i was able to put gas in it. Well the next weekend i took my boat out and ran out for about 30 mins and it ran fine. i stopped for about 20 mins and when i went to move the motor acted like it didnt want to run. Almost like a fouled plug. Everytime i put it in gear it stalled out. I ran the motor in idle for about 5 min and kept giving it throttle on the motor. It finally cleared out and was able to get back. well i took my water seperator filter off and poured it in a glass and it was half full of water. i then took some gas out directly out of the tank and it had about 3% water in the glass. is my tank cracked and leaking? should i just empty tank and fill up again and see what it does? what are my alternatives and what should i do? I cant take the tank out and dont really want to put it in the shop.
When you catch so many, you just stop counting.
FUTCHCAIRO

Re: Water in tank?

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

SOUNDS LIKE YOU BEEN USING ETHANOL GAS. DRAIN TANK AND FILL AGAIN, KEEP CLOSE CHECK ON YOUR WATER SEPARATOR.
PA THE OLD MAN OF THE SEA :smt006 salute2 SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
MIAcanes44

Re: Water in tank?

Post by MIAcanes44 »

ok thanks. I have about 25 gallons of gas in there. any idea on where i can dipose that?
When you catch so many, you just stop counting.