Dog Island reef?

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hit-n-Miss

Dog Island reef?

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

:-D How do you fish it and whats biting there? Where would you launch from? Also any cool areas to snorkle there or near? Thinking about a memorial day trip, fishing, snorkling, and maybe having lunch on the beach there. I have never been there so GPS #'s would be helpful to find places. Thanks. :-D
downthefence66

Re: Dog Island reef?

Post by downthefence66 »

sharks
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Ok that helps. :smt102
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

I've not yet fished this year, but have fished there around this time the last few years when it gets warm and I need to bend a rod. We usually drift the spotty bottom casting spoons, jerkbaits and plugs and usually get into plenty of Spanish macs, bluefish, ladyfish and some nice trout. Cobia may show up also. If kids are in the mix, you can't beat slow trolling silver spoons/ johnson, reflectos and clarks on light tackle. Some folks like trolling christmas tree rigs, but 3 or 4 bluefish on one is a mess. So I've heard. I don't have any numbers. We just move from one end to the other and try to figure out what is productive. Alligator point or lanark are your best bets to put in. You need more water to put in at ap vs lanark. Lanark has a $10 launch fee, but much better parking. Good luck, maybe we will see you out there.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Most all inshore species are available there on your time frame.
Your snorkeling is best done behind Isle de Chien, a lot less sharks.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Isle de Chein??? What is that?
spraywash

Post by spraywash »

Also, when out at DI, remember the "white trash bash". Lots of drunken numbnuts on the water Memorial Day weekend in that area. Might be a good time to fish Ochlochnee Shoals instead!
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

spraywash wrote:Also, when out at DI, remember the "white trash bash". Lots of drunken numbnuts on the water Memorial Day weekend in that area. Might be a good time to fish Ochlochnee Shoals instead!
:smt011 There goes the Dog Island idea. Thanks that would have been bad to find that there. :-D