Boat Insurance

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Sea Sea Rider

Boat Insurance

Post by Sea Sea Rider »

I have boat insurance through State Farm. I am having to replace my lower unit. Is that covered under Boat Insurance?
Chill-N-Grill
Site Sponsor

Re: Boat Insurance

Post by Chill-N-Grill »

Did you hit something or just wear and tear
Sea Sea Rider

Post by Sea Sea Rider »

I honestly do not know. My boat did lerch forward somewhat, but there is not a visible dent or hole in the unit.
Chill-N-Grill
Site Sponsor

Post by Chill-N-Grill »

My insurance covers me if I hit something but not wear and tear
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

SOOOO, I rekon ya best take a piece of steel and wack that sucker :o :-D :smt004 :beer: :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

You can expect State Farm to make it good...and then explain that they will no longer provide coverage.

Care to guess why I have Progressive boat insurance???
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
captkeyser
Site Sponsor

Post by captkeyser »

Sir reel wrote:You can expect State Farm to make it good...and then explain that they will no longer provide coverage.

Care to guess why I have Progressive boat insurance???
I'll second that. Been through 3 lower units (don't mean to brag) and a complete rewiring job (minor water damage), Progressive still carries me. Not sure why, but they do. :-D
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

While i haven't had to use I only know of a few people that've had problems w/ State Farm. But i guess you can't please everyone.
They've always treated me right on my car and home owner's insurance.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

all above is correct. Progressive fixed mine from rock damage. I paid for the lower unit on the old boat that just wore out.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

OH..Car and Home owners ...that's a different story. I've had 3 homes and probably a dozen cars and life insurance with State Farm over 45 years. My parents before me always had State Farm and no complaints. But after two clains in 18 months...they sent a letter indicating they were no longer willing to insure my boat. Those were the only two claims I've ever had with either State Farm or Progressive. Local agent tried to apeal on my behalf with no repeal. Wrote letter to underwriter in Lakeland...never even got a reply.
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
robbankston
Site Sponsor

Post by robbankston »

Sir reel wrote:OH..Car and Home owners ...that's a different story. I've had 3 homes and probably a dozen cars and life insurance with State Farm over 45 years. My parents before me always had State Farm and no complaints. But after two clains in 18 months...they sent a letter indicating they were no longer willing to insure my boat. Those were the only two claims I've ever had with either State Farm or Progressive. Local agent tried to apeal on my behalf with no repeal. Wrote letter to underwriter in Lakeland...never even got a reply.
Insurance company doesn't make any money off folks who have claims...... :D
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week. -George S. Patton
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

Sir reel wrote:OH..Car and Home owners ...that's a different story. I've had 3 homes and probably a dozen cars and life insurance with State Farm over 45 years. My parents before me always had State Farm and no complaints. But after two clains in 18 months...they sent a letter indicating they were no longer willing to insure my boat. Those were the only two claims I've ever had with either State Farm or Progressive. Local agent tried to apeal on my behalf with no repeal. Wrote letter to underwriter in Lakeland...never even got a reply.
State Farm's "will no longer insure" list is quite lengthy.....but distinguished! :-D
I've been on it since 1982 I think it was when I tried to get them to remove a large oak leaning over my house. Long story short, they refused
and two months later a little storm laid that sucker right onto the house doing thousands of dollars in damages which they had to pay but then
refused to continue to cover me. :smt011

I've had reasonable success with SAFECO. Cars, boats, camper, etc.

Sea Sea Rider can blame one of those Anky "ghost rocks." You hit them and then can't find them again!
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.