Mexico Beach Snapper

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

kirt123

Mexico Beach Snapper

Post by kirt123 »

How rough should it be to fish Mexico Beach near shore <10 miles on Saturday if it predicts 3-5 footers? 21 ft Seafox offshore boat. I know 3-5 means something different at ever place I go to. 3-5 around Keaton is usually way different than around Panacea, I assume because of the steeper dropoff. On another note, I do realize the prediction can be drastically different both ways on the scale, just wondering if it is worth trying this weekend.

Thanks
Frank Bradfield
Site Sponsor

Re: Mexico Beach Snapper

Post by Frank Bradfield »

It will be terrible. Fish inshore!
kirt123

Post by kirt123 »

I would really hate to miss it, from the speed of the closures, it is looking like it will be closed in another week or so. But I dont want to get beat to death.
fireant21
Site Sponsor

Post by fireant21 »

you might can make it to the car bodies, but fishing it is another matter. Pitching and rolling and depending on the wind and tide can be a bit of a confused sea in that area.
turtlecat
Site Sponsor

Post by turtlecat »

Wear a jock-strap, and leave the women and children on the hill. I was gonna go out of carrabelle this weekend and with the latest offshore forecast decided to wait till next weekend. Whatever you decide be safe!
TurtleCat
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Make that a tight fitting padded jock strap and thick rubber soled shoes. You will find out if any hardware on your boat is not properly tightened or battened down.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!