Rock Island

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

MAJMPS4

Rock Island

Post by MAJMPS4 »

Went to the island area a couple of weeks ago. The fishing was slow finally caught 8 keepers and a couple of chuukers. Went last week and caught only one keeper, one shark 3' and one small spanish.. Fished from 8' all the way down to 3'/ Terrible day for action. Although a bad day on the water is a much better day than at work dealing with 1400 kindergarten through 8th grade students as a principal. Plan on going to the same area tomorrow. Can head toward the islands and west towards bird rack or south towards Spring warrior. Got a small boat with a 25h. Dont venture out to far. Reports show a falling tide until late morning. Anyone got any suggestions? Really need to fish. :thumbup:
U.S.
Army of ONE
Fisherman989
Site Sponsor

Post by Fisherman989 »

Turn left as you go out of Econfina...about 1/2 way over...or a little further.....towards Aucilla....stay in about 3-4 feet of water. I went Friday and with my buddy we caught at least 50 trout....of which 30 were keepers. We only kept 10...but we had fun all day. Been a long time since the trout bit all day like Friday. Catch 2000...red & white.....white and red curlytails were the best baits. :-?
southernundertaker

Post by southernundertaker »

Maybe its just me, but i thought aucilla was to the right out of ecofina. take a feft and go to rock island then over to keatons. don't feel bad about your catch, had the same luck last tuesday with excellent conditions and tides. fished out of econ over to aucilla and back to rock island from 2 feet clear out to 9 with only one hook up on a cobia. talked to half dozen others and the high man was only 3 fish. the only thing not in our favor was the feeding charts, nothing was supposed to be biting and for once they were right. Can't explain it but do not give up, ecofina is probably one of the best all around fishing holes when things are good, so keep your chin up and your prop in the water. :-D
Fisherman989
Site Sponsor

Post by Fisherman989 »

Your sure right about where Aucilla is...in reference to Econfina. I must have had a mental lapse. They're coming more frequent lately. In fact...I went out of Aucilla Friday....turned left....over toward....Econfina.
No excuse for those sorry directions.
Anyway....fishing was good Friday..over thataway. :D
Tidedancer
Site Sponsor

Post by Tidedancer »

East out of Econfina (left at mounth of river) has been the best area for trout and spanish latley. The later part of the rising tide is best and the Catch 2000 by MirrOluce is what you need to catch good keeper trout.