Alligator Point 6/12/10

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

fish finder
Site Sponsor

Alligator Point 6/12/10

Post by fish finder »

I had Cuda"B" idle for a blown raw water pump on her starboard engine, so I was offered and accepted a ride along with my neighbor aboard his boat, "Connie Lynn". It sounded alot better than replacing the pump, so I put that job off for one more day and went offshore instead 8) . I had the pleasure of joining my neighbor Rob, his son Davis, daughter Allison and friend Rick and his son Jacob to see if we could put some grouper and snapper in the box.
After loading the livewell on D.I. Reef, we headed South to approx. 95ft in hopes of catching some bigger fish and not so many shorts as I have been doing alot of lately in the 50-65ft range. At the first stop, it did not take long to start catching, with Rick pulling in a nice 16lb red grouper :D
Rick in the fight!
Rick in the fight!
DSC02982.jpg (47.2 KiB) Viewed 3350 times
Nice Red Grouper and keeper Red Snapper!
Nice Red Grouper and keeper Red Snapper!
DSC02985.jpg (62.87 KiB) Viewed 3350 times
We were also catching some legal Red Snapper and still a few short grouper. Moved to another spot close by and it was Jacob's turn to find out what it feels like to hook a good size grouper in nearly 100ft. He was able to wrestle this nice 18lb Red Grouper up to the top and claimed bragging rights for the day :D .
Jacob with his 18lber!
Jacob with his 18lber!
DSC02986.jpg (63.04 KiB) Viewed 3350 times
Moved to third spot and continued to catch fish with Ally boating a very nice 12lb Red Grouper :thumbup:
Ally with her big Red Grouper!
Ally with her big Red Grouper!
DSC02989.jpg (65.69 KiB) Viewed 3350 times
Rob, Davis and I were also catching fish but we couldn't manage to get into the "trash talking " division with those three :lol: .
It was hot and we were all ready to feel some breeze so we made the decision to move in to 70ft. We were able to catch a few more fish, mostly shorts before the sharks took over for the day and we headed for home. Back at the dock we had a hot but happy crew with a respectable catch of 10 grouper, 8 red & 2 gags, 5 red snapper with a lane snapper and couple rockbass. A great day on the water with good friends! :beer: :beer:
A couple of nice ones!
A couple of nice ones!
DSC03008.jpg (78.3 KiB) Viewed 3350 times
Fish for all!
Fish for all!
DSC03009.jpg (97.59 KiB) Viewed 3350 times
The seas were great at 1ft or less, visibility decent in the deeper water with no sign of oil with the water temp about 84. Bait was the usual with live pinfish taking most of the grouper and cut bait hooking the snapper.

Light winds & low seas,

Capt. Jay
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Re: Alligator Point 6/12/10

Post by SHOWBOAT »

nice report and good looking bag of fish :thumbup:
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Outstanding fishing. Thanks for the report. Curious about something. Used to know a fellow in St. Marks many, many years ago who had a boat named the Connie Lynn. Does your friend keep his boat in St. Marks? Probably just a coincidence. That was too many years ago.

salute2
Semper Fi
fish finder
Site Sponsor

Post by fish finder »

CSMarine,

I don't think it is the same person. He keeps his boat at Alligator Point now, not sure about before.

Capt. Jay
Ranaman

Post by Ranaman »

Great report and pics Captain!! Looking forward to some of that this weekend! -Joe
Carlabear

Post by Carlabear »

How many miles south is 100 feet? :-)
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

Carlabear wrote:How many miles south is 100 feet? :-)
South = 35 +
Southwest = 25 +
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Carlabear

Post by Carlabear »

Thanks!