plainclothes

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

SS-342
Site Sponsor

Re: plainclothes

Post by SS-342 »

You men have brought up some good points. Being one that doesn't even like taking the keys out of a vehicle, I would have never thought of a hijacking on the high seas. However, it is something to think about.

Did, by chance any of you men who attended the meeting with the officer, bring this subject up? What was the response?

Some of you must be law officers, tell us your advice.

I get into enough trouble trying to stay out of trouble. I'm on the side of the LAW but in plain clothes....who can tell?
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

SS-342 wrote:Did, by chance any of you men who attended the meeting with the officer, bring this subject up? What was the response?

Yes, Lt. Harvey brought it up and explained how these officers would identified and what they were looking for.
Each officer has his/her badge displayed and the boats do have blue lights, just not the kind you are used to seeing. He also said that they're not looking for safety violations as much as game law violations but you still need to have your safety equipment regardless.

If you'd like more information I would be happy to direct your questions or concerns to the right people.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

Plus for all ya'll worried about posing pirates, you can go to any uniform shop and buy an outfit that looks like an FWC or other agency outfit. By the time they are close enough for you to realize they ain't, they are the same distance as the plainclothes that is showing his or her badge. I get stopped by plainclothes feds all the time duck hunting. No big deal. Of course, that is different than on the water and we both have guns, but only time I see these guys are near shore.

Bascially, honest people are honest and bad guys ain't.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
hmaadd29

Post by hmaadd29 »

I agree with lonesouth. They can ride in whatever they want. Just have on the uniformsand show me some id. I'd be hard pressed to let someone on my skiff in plain clothes w/ id.
robbankston
Site Sponsor

Post by robbankston »

hmaadd29 wrote:I agree with lonesouth. They can ride in whatever they want. Just have on the uniformsand show me some id. I'd be hard pressed to let someone on my skiff in plain clothes w/ id.
I'm another one in this camp. You could be legit but you may not be. Unless I know for sure you don't have to worry about coming aboard...
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week. -George S. Patton
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

BAD BEHAVIOR wrote:
MudDucker wrote:
CairoTrout wrote:I am all for it. Maybe they will catch all these outlaws stealing from all of us. I bet out of every ten boats there are people keeping over the limit and under the size limit of trouts and reds. They can check me anytime. This thread is useless and is a slap in the face to FWC. These guys work very hard to catch these outlaws. And for you guys who feel "threatened", take karate. These guys work hard and all they do is get bitched at, how bout give them an atta boy. I bet they have locked up a lot of outlaws while doing this.
Boy, I am gonna show you how threatened I am next time I am in Cairo! Karate is for sissies, you don't need to be messing with no ninja! :smt005

Now go wipe your eyes out, they done turned brown with this post!
DAYUM LAWYER
DAYUM DINETTE SALESMAN!
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

MudDucker wrote:
BAD BEHAVIOR wrote:
MudDucker wrote:
CairoTrout wrote:I am all for it. Maybe they will catch all these outlaws stealing from all of us. I bet out of every ten boats there are people keeping over the limit and under the size limit of trouts and reds. They can check me anytime. This thread is useless and is a slap in the face to FWC. These guys work very hard to catch these outlaws. And for you guys who feel "threatened", take karate. These guys work hard and all they do is get bitched at, how bout give them an atta boy. I bet they have locked up a lot of outlaws while doing this.
Boy, I am gonna show you how threatened I am next time I am in Cairo! Karate is for sissies, you don't need to be messing with no ninja! :smt005

DAYUM LAWYER
DAYUM DINETTE SALESMAN!
Thats MR DAYUM DINETTE SALESMAN TO YOU BUD!!!! :-D
A wise person pays attention to correction that will improve his life...... Proverbs 15:31 ICB <")))))>*<

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
Welby
Site Sponsor

Post by Welby »

Hey, I bought a dinette from him .............. :thumbup:
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

BAD BEHAVIOR wrote:
MudDucker wrote:
BAD BEHAVIOR wrote:
MudDucker wrote:

DAYUM LAWYER
DAYUM DINETTE SALESMAN!
Thats MR DAYUM DINETTE SALESMAN TO YOU BUD!!!! :-D
Pfffttttt :smt005
CAPTAIN CHARLIE
Site Sponsor

Post by CAPTAIN CHARLIE »

Paranoia is a bad thing, but a real thing.
Personally, since I'm on the water so much most of the boats I see while fishing I know or have seen before.
If some one was to come along side my boat it's probably because they need help, they are un familiar with the area, etc.
If they are bad guys, what are they gonna do? Steal my catch, or my gear? They certainly don't want my old boat. And, I don't look like I have a lot of money or drugs on board. I don't think they would shoot an old man just for kicks.
Personally, I'm not leery of strangers coming along side.
FLAT BROKE CHARTERS (RETIRED)
VERY AFFORDABLE FLATS FISHING
U.S.C.G. MASTERS LISC. AUX. SAIL
850 893-1050 cell 212-0660
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Me. I still got the jeters from the 1970's. :lol: You took your life in your hands everytime you went out of Aucilla, Enconfina, or Fenhollaway Rivers. The bad thing is.... most of the bad guys back then was family. :smt012

salute2
Semper Fi
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Yep, but ya didn't have to worry bout them pullin up beside ya :-D they was busy tryin ta git someware in a hurry :o without gettin caught that is :lol: :smt004 :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

wevans wrote:Yep, but ya didn't have to worry bout them pullin up beside ya :-D they was busy tryin ta git someware in a hurry :o without gettin caught that is :lol: :smt004 :beer:
Exactly, until you got about five miles offshore and the you became a target of interest. :smt011
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

Y'all heard about the Somali cruise line, didn't y'all? :roll:
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

You talking about this cruise line?
http://www.tothepointnews.com/content/view/3617/85/
WHOSE FISH IS IT?