Sebile lures ruined

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Sebile lures ruined

Post by RHTFISH »

I open my tackle box and the compartment with two quite new Sebile lures in it catches my eye....methinks something looks unusual!
I look closer and both lures are split along the upper back and the liquid is gone and the tails of both lures are bent/deformed at an angle.
They certainly haven't been subjected to extreme temps and all other lures...Mirrolures of different types, Chug Bugs, spoons, etc., are all fine.
Any ideas?

Thanks!
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Re: Sebile lures ruined

Post by fishinfool »

Maybe they were accidentally stepped on, or something without you realizing it prior to being put in the box. Or maybe the ghosts of Trout past are haunting you.
FF
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Sorry for your loss. :smt059
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
cairobass

Post by cairobass »

Talked to my sebile rep for you today and he says he has definetly heard of this and told me it was a problem which has been resolved. Not sure if they were purchased from us "South GA Outdoors" but I'll replace the two baits for you no problem. You guys do alot of business with us and we'll do our best to take care of each of you.
thanks
adam
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

Thanks much Adam! I'm not sure whether these are any I got from you folks or not...maybe one. Anyhow, it was just very strange to see what happened to them. I was hoping maybe their customer support would handle replacements.
Thanks again!
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

I tried emailing the company without response so I called their office in Palmer Lake CO and was quickly connected to the head of company. I explained what had happened to lures and he said they had not been able to duplicate the splitting and warping. As instructed, I mailed the two ruined lures in addition to one new in box. Yesterday, I received 4 new lures in the mail.
Thanks Sebile Lures!

I appreciate Adam's offer at SGO to replace the lures but feel it was the company's responsibility to handle the replacements.
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

South Georgia Outdoors, wish you had a store in my home town. With service like that I'd never buy anywhere else! That was SUPER!

I'll also be looking for Sebile lures. A company who is honest will get my business!

Thanks for the post.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
Tidedancer
Site Sponsor

Post by Tidedancer »

cairobass wrote:Talked to my sebile rep for you today and he says he has definetly heard of this and told me it was a problem which has been resolved. Not sure if they were purchased from us "South GA Outdoors" but I'll replace the two baits for you no problem. You guys do alot of business with us and we'll do our best to take care of each of you.
thanks
adam

Class act there. Don't we all wish all of the stores we deal with on a day to day basics had that sort of mindset and customer service. :thumbup:
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

I wish cairo was closer too. I know any south Ga trips will include a stop there.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

cairobass wrote:Talked to my sebile rep for you today and he says he has definetly heard of this and told me it was a problem which has been resolved. Not sure if they were purchased from us "South GA Outdoors" but I'll replace the two baits for you no problem. You guys do alot of business with us and we'll do our best to take care of each of you.
thanks
adam
Folks thats service. First class. And they do it every day. Proud to say they are my hometown outdoor store. You guys remember this and support this great business that supports many of our tourneys and many, many other charity and civic organizations. This is one store thats worth the drive!! And when yoiu get there, tell 'em BB sent ya!! :-D :thumbup:
A wise person pays attention to correction that will improve his life...... Proverbs 15:31 ICB <")))))>*<

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
Daybreak

Post by Daybreak »

I can say "Amen" to what BB said about South Georgia Outdoors!!
Daybreak
WolfeMan
Site Sponsor

Post by WolfeMan »

meanwhile, I had never heard of Sebile lures - their videos look pretty awesome.

What are the best ones for inshore?
Site Sponsor

Post by Atticus »

This happens when the lures get too hot. I have had it happen with Mirr-O-Lures. I sent a few pictures to Largo and the lures were replaced. The guy at the company told me it was from the heat.
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Bagataway wrote:meanwhile, I had never heard of Sebile lures - their videos look pretty awesome.

What are the best ones for inshore?
I've got 2 but they're too expensive to use.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
WolfeMan
Site Sponsor

Post by WolfeMan »

haha, I have a couple Yozuri lures I dont like using because they cost $10 a pop. I guess I need to break em in...