One down....how many to go?

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

One down....how many to go?

Post by Jumptrout51 »

WHOSE FISH IS IT?
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Re: One down....how many to go?

Post by RHTFISH »

That's a tough story to read! There's no way to really understand the loss of one's way of life and the hopelessness and desperation involved. For the good folks directly effected like this
gentleman there seems right now to not even be an end to the tunnel much less any light there.
:smt059
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

I am so sorry to hear about this, but anyone trying to tie this to the spill is just plain trying to compound this problem with unrelated tragedies. If anything, with him as a part of the spill's hired armada, he was making more money than he was making as a charter captain. Unfortunately, it takes a sick mind to see suicide as the way out of problems. My sympathy to his family.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Scoop Sea
Site Sponsor

Post by Scoop Sea »

Since I want to keep my thread to facts, questions/answers, etc. I didn't want to reply over there to this thread.
MudDucker: You are spot on. To say this unfortunate incident was due to the oil spill is a far, far, stretch. I can tell you, as one of the first to hear of this event, my heart grew very heavy. I hate to think of anyone doing this when so many folks are fighting to live. I do not know what kind of income this gentlemen made the last few years running his boat, but I agree with you, he was probably doing well having been hired on to respond to this response.
I do not know how many of you have been effected by such a selfish act, but I can tell you , I have been personally involved with a very close loved one that took their own life, and even 17 years later I question why. It happens, folks face demons and battles that we will never comprehend. I personally find it outrageous that this article implies that the oil spill was to blame. Life happens, plain and simple. This sucked, no doubt. I hate it for his family, they will be the ones left to suffer. This was a selfish act in which questions will always remain, but to blame it on the oil spill is delving into the realm of uncertainty that is not necessary.
"Be Careful Not To Confuse Motion With Progress."
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

Aye, I think you got that right! So many of his loved ones will ask themselves...was it me! What did I do or shouldn't have done. No one knows or will ever know.

So sad!
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
TroutTrent

Post by TroutTrent »

I hate to say this but, if he was as happy go lucky as everyone talked about that I seen on the news and loved to be with his kids his family and friends and was just a damn good man that from what I understand was making more money working for BP than he was fishing why would you take your on life and not let anyone know why :-? sounds to me like someone should be looking for the killer. If you all hear this happen to me start looking for the SOB that shot me. I might be wrong for these thoughts but thats how I feel about it, God be with his family :smt010
CrispyFishin

Post by CrispyFishin »

Assuming this was in fact a suicide and not a homicide....

Of course the spill is a factor. Was it the only factor? No, or everyone else involved would be doing this, too. Will he be the last person associated with the oil spill to kill himself... Nope. It covers too broad of a geographic area, and there are too many people out there already teetering on the edge.

Could an ecological disaster be the sole cause in someone taking their own life? I doubt it. Could it be a contributing factor? Absolutely.
Work 'em silly Gators!!