Dog Island/Lanark 6/26-6/27

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

coastal cracker
Site Sponsor

Dog Island/Lanark 6/26-6/27

Post by coastal cracker »

While I was "working" on the roof of the cabin at Dog Island my wife went "fishing" in the surf. Caught 2 good trout,1 whiting, several cats and lady fish. Lots of bait and larger fish in the surf.

Sunday we went scalloping at Lanark near the old Lorenzos area and managed 3 scallops. we searched 4 different spots with out much luck. Lots of boats(2 looked like charters) were moving around a lot.

Saw the scallop report in the July "Woods and Water" and St. Joe had the highest number this year. Of course I read this in the car "on the way back" to Jacksonville.

There were several deployments of oil boom saturday and sunday from the timber island ramp. Good to see they are getting set "before" the oil arrives.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Paul
bman

Re: Dog Island/Lanark 6/26-6/27

Post by bman »

Thanks for the report Paul. I was out on DIR and could not believe the number of sharks. We were catching them on everything we threw.

Sounds like there are very few scallops in our area- I hope to get to StJoe soon.
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"