Alligator Point Cuda"B" 6/26/10

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

fish finder
Site Sponsor

Alligator Point Cuda"B" 6/26/10

Post by fish finder »

Better a little late than no report at all. :) I had a crew of 5, including myself, aboard Cuda"B" for a trip to get some more Red Snapper action while we still can. I followed my usual pattern and loaded the livewell with some large pinfish from D I Reef and then headed to a spot I had found last year that I was sure would hold some snapper. Cruising @ 20 kts, we ran about 1hr, 15min to some great live bottom in 105ft. I was having an issue with the windlass, so I told the crew to fish'em if they had'em while I worked on the problem. Well, they started catching as we were drifting away from the marker. It was fast action for about 20 minutes before we decided to pull up to the marker and anchor. Within 10 more minutes we had our 5 man limit of Red Snapper! Ron had the best one at 12 lbs! :D
Ron with his Big Snapper!
Ron with his Big Snapper!
2010_0626Image0018.JPG (1.26 MiB) Viewed 1492 times
We went to check out another nearby location and caught & released some more snapper while we were using the live bait trying for some grouper. We were able to put 2 grouper in the box, the largest being a 15lb Red Grouper. :lick: We made the decision to find some rock bottom, on the hunt for grouper. We still had most of the pinfish in the livewell, so we found a spot in 70ft that looked good on the bottom machine. We anchored up and it was on again, only this time it was grouper, gags & reds! We would have stayed in the area longer but I had an issue with the port engine and we had to bring it back in! :x

Back at the dock we had our limit of nice Red Snapper (10), 5 nice grouper, 1 kingfish, 1 triggerfish, a few lane & vermillion snapper and 5 nice seabass! 8)
A nice ending to a great day!
A nice ending to a great day!
2010_0626Image0103.JPG (608.68 KiB) Viewed 1492 times
Seas were great at 1-3ft, water temp a balmy 87 at the surface, visibility great down to about 40ft and Blue 36 miles out! It was squid, sardines & cutbait for the snapper action with the live pinners taking the grouper.

Another great day on the Big Pond!

Light winds , low seas, & no oil (this far east hopefully),

Capt. Jay
Last edited by fish finder on July 1st, 2010, 12:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reel Navy
Site Sponsor

Re: Alligator Point Cuda"B" 6/26/10

Post by Reel Navy »

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Dear Lord, please let me be the kind of person my dog thought I was .....